Subject: Revision/reorganization of FITS Support Office web site

From: bschlesinger at nssdca.gsfc.nasa.gov (Barry M. Schlesinger)
Date: 9 Sep 1997 11:46 EDT

The FITS Support Office World Wide Web pages have been extensively 
revised:

o	The former FITS Basics and Information has been split
        into four pages: 
	- an introduction to FITS 
	- documentation
	- software and sample data
        - on-line network resources

o	Some FITS Support Office documents and software (including the
        Standard and User's Guide) are now available directly from the
        home page as well as from the pages that are replacing Basics
        and Information. 

o	The discussion on all topics has been expanded and brought up
        to date, in particular, there are new sections on the ESO
        eclipse and the CFA WCSTools packages. 

A copy of the current Basics and Information will be kept for some
time to permit notification to those who have links to it, but it will
not be updated.   Maintaining only one form of the FITS information in
the future -- the html pages -- will facilitate more frequent updates.

The home page is, as before, at
http://ssdoo.gsfc.nasa.gov/fits_home.html . 
The other pages mentioned above can be reached directly from the home page.

				Barry Schlesinger
				FITS Support Office
				GSFC/ADF