Subject: Wanted: Java FITS image displayer

From: "Kenneth B. Sall" <ksall at cen.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 18:51:58 -0400

Has anyone developed or located a _completely_ Java-based FITS image
displayer?
Freeware, shareware, or commercial?

I'm aware of:
        Java-based client-side FITS Browser
        http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/fits/java/index.html

which uses native code and also requires another native FITSIO library.
This is not the solution I need since this would require users to
compile native code. What we're going for is the old click-on-this-link-

and-Java-applet-automagically-appears-and-does-everything.

The ideal applet would be one that simply renders a FITS image and
comment.
No image manipulation is necessary (but sure would be a bonus).

Please cc: ksall at cen.com as well as the newsgroup.
Thanks very much!
--
- Ken Sall                             ksall at cen.com
- Century Computing, Inc.              http://www.cen.com/