Subject: Floating Point Agreement for FITS

From: [email-masked]
Date: 2 MAR 90 14:58-ECT

Date:  2-MAR-1990 14:58:29.58
From: PREBEN AT DGAESO51
To:   0::"[email-masked]"   ! SENT TO @IAU.DIS
Subj: Floating Point Agreement for FITS
Dear Colleagues,
 The vote on the Floating Point Proposal for FITS has now been completed.
Of the 11 members of the IAU FITS Working Group, 10 voted in favor of
the proposal while one (A.Piskunov,USSR) did not return a vote. I have
delay the announcement of the result until now hoping to receive the
last vote.

With this unanimous vote in favor of the Floating Point Proposal for
FITS by D.Wells and P.Grosbol, it has become a FITS standard effective
from January 1, 1990. The final wording of this Floating Point Agreement
for FITS dated 22-December-1989 will be submitted to you in a separate
mail. The english has been improved two places on suggestions by
R. Hanish, ST-ScI.

Yours sincerely,
Preben Grosbol
Chairman, IAU FITS-WG.