Subject: Call for vote on IAU-FITS-WG voting procedures

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 93 16:26:22 +0200

Dear IAU-FWG members,
 As I now have heard from most of you and Don Wells has ensured me
that all e-mails through the 'iaufwg' mail exploder are delivered,
it is time to call for the official vote on the Voting Procedures
for the IAU FITS WG. Further, I have not received any negative 
comments or suggestions for change of the rules proposed.

 The proposed rules consist of 3 steps as listed below:
   1) First vote to accept a proposal requires that at least 3/4 of
      the WG members vote and that all votes are in favor.
   2) If the first vote is not successful, the proposal must be
      rediscussed and a second vote cannot be made before 6 months.
   3) Second vote requires that at least 3/4 of the members vote
      in favor of the proposal.
The WG has both voting and non-voting members. Only the former are counted.

 Reviewing the list of voting members, I found that the field of 
High Energy Astronomy is badly represented. Thus, I proposed to
accept W.Pence, NASA, as voting member in the IAU FITS WG.

 I hereby call the vote for these two proposals and would like your
vote by e-mail not later that Oct. 1, 1993. Please indicate clearly
how you vote on both issues with Yes/No:
   1)  Voting procedures,
   2)  Membership of W.Pence as voting member.
These votes must be unanimous to be accepted so be sure to send your 
vote as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Preben Grosbol
Chairman, IAU FITS WG

cc: W.Pence, NASA