Subject: Vote on the three FITS proposals

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 94 18:52:07 +0100

Garching, Mar. 3, 1994

Dear IAU-FWG members,
 I have received no objections concerning the level of
interchange tests we have reached. It should be added
that I also read the following test files available
at the NRAO archive:
    gbfits2.fits                testdata.fits
    swp06542llg.fits            vogtstar_awt.fits
with the current release of MIDAS without problems and
was able to display the array elements in them. Other
reports of exchange are still very welcome!

As announced, I would ask you to submit any issue cancerning
the wording of the proposals before Mar. 14, 1994. It may
be easier if you use the [email-masked]' mail
exploder for this purpose so the points can be discussed
directly!

With reference to the current discussion on unsigned integers,
I would like to hear if you have any special opinion. As
stated, I would not support a proposal for unsigned integers.

Best regards,

Preben Grosbol
Chairman, IAU FITS WG