Subject: IMAGE and Blocking proposals accepted

From: "Preben Grosbol <pgrosbol@ns2>" <pgrosbol@ns2>
Date: Tue, 10 May 94 09:29:24 +0200

Garching, May 10, 1994

Dear IAU-FWG members,
 I am happy to announce that both the IMAGE and Blocking proposals
have been accepted by the IAU FITS Working Group in its formal
vote which had the deadline at May 6, 1994. The actual votes were
as follows:

 IMAGE extension:  14 yes, 0 no, 2 abstention
 Blocking:         14 yes, 0 no, 2 abstention

According to our voting rules, both proposals were accepted since more
that 3/4 of the members votes YES and none voted against.

For the BINTABLE, a total of 10 indicated that a vote on the current
proposal should be made without delay while none were for a delay.
Thus, I will issue a call for votes on the BINTABLE in the end of this
week with a foreseen deadline of June 10, 1994.

I will also provide new versions of the Blocking agreement and official
FITS Extension list. When they are in place on the archives, I will
announce the results of the vote on the News group.

Best regards,

Preben Grosbol
Chairman, IAU FITS WG