Subject: BINTABLE proposal accepted

From: "Preben Grosbol <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 1994 20:04:23 +0200

Garching, June 10, 1994

Dear IAU-FWG members,
 I am happy to announce that the BINTABLE proposal has been accepted
by the IAU FITS Working Group in its formal vote which had the
deadline at 18:00 GMT, June 10, 1994. The actual votes were as
follows:

   BINTABLE extension:  13 yes, 0 no, 2 abstention     of 16 members.

 According to our voting rules, the proposal was accepted since at
least 3/4 of the members votes YES and none voted against.

 It is a pleasure to thank all of you for the efforts during the
review of the three proposals.

 Due to an internal delay in changing our anonymous ftp account, I did
not yet announce the results of the previous votes. These problems
have now been resolved which means that I early next week will make
the official announcement of all three votes on the New Group.

Best regards,

Preben Grosbol
Chairman, IAU FITS WG