Subject: 7SSDBM Papers due March 1st

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 94 10:31:08 EST

Please accept our apology if you receive multiple copies of this message.
We are using many mailing lists and even though we have removed many
duplicates, some still manage to slip through.

               ****   C A L L     F O R    P A P E R S   ****
               ****                                      ****
               ****       R  E  M  I  N  D  E  R         ****
               ****                                      ****
               ****  P A P E R S  D U E:  M A R C H 1st  ****

                Seventh International Working Conference on
               Scientific and Statistical Database Management
               ---------- --- ----------- -------- ----------
         Charlottesville, Virginia  U.S.A.     September 28-30, 1994

The Conference
--- ----------
  This international conference provides a forum  for  the  presentation  and
  exchange  of  current work in the field of scientific and statistical data-
  base management.  The workshop character of the conference provides  oppor-
  tunities  for interaction among the attendees.  The Seventh SSDBM continues
  the tradition of providing a stimulating environment to  encourage  discus-
  sion and the exchange of ideas in a quiet setting.

  We are particularly soliciting papers on new  concepts,  novel  ideas,  and
  state-of-the-art  research  results relevant to database and knowledge base
  design from a  theoretical  as  well  as  applicative  point  of  view.  To
  encourage  the  dialog between practitioners and researchers we invite con-
  tributions also  from  domain-scientists,  reporting  experiences  in  data
  management from their field. Topics of interest include but are not limited
  to: modeling and semantics, query languages and user  interfaces,  physical
  organization,  security, scientific databases, data analysis and visualiza-
  tion, management of temporal and spatial data, knowledge discovery,  uncer-
  tainty, evaluation of scientific, engineering, or statistical applications.

Submission of Papers
---------- -- ------
  Authors are requested to submit five copies  of  the  complete  paper,  not
  exceeding  20 pages, as follows.

      Contributions from the European and Asian continents to:

            Hans Hinterberger, European Co-Chairman.
            Institute for Scientific Computing
            ETH Zentrum
            CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland

      All other contributions to:

            James C. French, General Chairman.
            c/o Sandra Sullivan
            Thornton Hall, University of Virginia
            Charlottesville, VA 22901  USA

Important Dates
--------- -----

      March 1, 1994            Deadline for submission of papers.
      May 24, 1994             Notification of acceptance.
      July 12, 1994            Camera-ready copies of papers due.

Program Committee
------- ---------
  R.A. Becker (USA), R. Cubitt (Luxembourg), D.M.Y. Defays (Luxembourg), K.R.
  Dittrich  (Switzerland),  J.C.  French  (USA),  H. Gilgen (Switzerland), P.
  Golder (UK), D.J. Hand (UK),  H.  Hinterberger  (Switzerland),  J.  Klensin
  (USA),  K.  Kuespert  (Germany),  F.  M.  Malvestuto  (Italy),  M.  McLeish
  (Canada), Z. Michalewicz (USA), G. Ozsoyoglu (USA), J.L. Pfaltz  (USA),  M.
  Rafanelli  (Italy),  S.  Ram  (USA),  D. Rotem (USA), A. Shoshani (USA), B.
  Sundgren (Sweden), P. Svensson (Sweden), J.L.A. Van  Rijckevorsel  (Nether-
  lands), A. Westlake (UK), M. Zemankova (USA).

Organizing Committee
---------- ---------
  J.C. French, H. Hinterberger, J.L. Pfaltz, A. Shoshani.

General Chair
------- -----
  James C. French, Department of Computer Science, School of Engineering  and
  Applied Science, Thornton Hall, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
  22901, USA; e-mail: [email-masked]

Co-Chair
-- -----
  Hans Hinterberger, Institute for Scientific Computing, ETH Zentrum, CH-8092
  Zurich, Switzerland; e-mail: [email-masked]

  Sponsored in part by the Center of Excellence in Space Data and Information
  Sciences  and  the  National  Aeronautics  and  Space  Administration.   In
  cooperation with the IEEE Computer Society and the  International  Associa-
  tion for Statistical Computing.