Subject: Final Announcement

From: [email-masked] (Sam Coleman)
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 08:33:19 -0700

Final Symposium Announcement

    "Storage - At the Forefront of Information Infrastructures"

        Fourteenth IEEE Symposium on Mass Storage Systems
                 (Second International Symposium)
                       September 11-14, 1995
                      Monterey Marriott Hotel
                            Monterey, CA

Sponsor

IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Mass Storage Systems and Technology
Chair: Bernard T. O'Lear, Vice-Chair and Program Chair: Sam Coleman

Symposium Details

New applications and services will require vast amounts of distributed
data, yet this vital component of information infrastructures is often
overlooked. The 14th IEEE Symposium on Mass Storage (the Second
International Symposium) will focus on the storage issues surrounding the
emerging vision of a digitized society.

Participants at this year's Symposium will discuss new requirements for
high-performance storage, new devices, innovative architectures,
experiences with current storage systems, and other topics of interest to
everyone working toward global information infrastructures.

The Symposium Program is available on the World Wide Web at

        http://www.llnl.gov/liv_comp/14th.mss.html

Vendor Poster Sessions

Vendor Poster Sessions will be held Sunday evening through Tuesday to allow
vendors to display current storage products and to interact directly with
existing and prospective customers. The Symposium will provide more space
and 120V AC power to support more complete demonstrations than at previous
symposia. Vendors may reserve space by contacting Bernard O'Lear at
(303) 497-1268, [email-masked], or FAX (303) 497-1137.

Symposium Registration

Contact Bernard O'Lear (above) or Sam Coleman (510) 422-4323,
[email-masked], or FAX (510) 423-8715 for registration materials. These
materials are also available on-line at

        http://www.llnl.gov/liv_comp/14th.mss.html

Location and Environment

The Symposium will be held in the Monterey Conference Center and the
Monterey Marriott Hotel in Monterey, California, with receptions at the
outdoor Memory Garden and the Maritime Museum.  The symposium's convenient
location makes it easy to reach Fisherman's Wharf, the world famous
Monterey Aquarium, John Steinbeck's Cannery Row, and other scenic
attractions. You can expect pleasant fall weather during the Symposium.
Please call the hotel directly at (408) 649-4234 for reservations.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
_/                                                                    _/
_/   | | |      Sam Coleman                                           _/
_/   | | |      Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory                _/
_/   | | |___   Mail Stop L-60                   510-422-4323         _/
_/   | \____    7000 East Avenue                 510-423-8715 (FAX)   _/
_/    \____     Livermore, CA  94550             [email-masked]    _/
_/                                                                    _/
_/   LLNL World Wide Web server:                 http://www.llnl.gov  _/
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/