Subject: [[email-masked]: Metadata Registries Workshop Deadline extension]

From: Charles R Musick Jr <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 15:51:54 -0800 (PST)

------- Start of forwarded message -------

	PLEASE CIRCULATE THE CALL TO YOUR COLLEAGUES.

==========================================================================

             Joint Workshop on Metadata Registries 
		Deadline Extended to March 14, 1997

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS HAS BEEN EXTENDED 
TO March 14, 1997.

The Participation Intent Form is now available at the workshop homepage 
- - given below.  We are asking everyone planning to attend the workshop to 
fill out the form.  

This is to announce a workshop of invited participants on how to improve
access to and sharing of data by harmonizing metadata standards and
developing interoperable metadata registries accessible by the World Wide
Web. A central goal of the workshop will be to develop detailed
recommendations for registries of data element metadata and higher-level
metadata (e.g., for schemas, models, and metamodels). The workshop will
bring together researchers in formal methods (from the knowledge
representation and database communities), and other researchers and
practitioners from the database research, standards, metadata registry,
middleware and database vendor, GIS, EDI, and digital library communities.

Dates and Location:

   * July 8-11, 1997, Tuesday through Friday - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

   * Clark Kerr Campus Conference Center, University of California,
     Berkeley, California

WWW Documents:

   * Preliminary Call for Participation 

	http://www.lbl.gov/~olken/EPA/Workshop/call.html

   *  Workshop Home Page

        http://www.lbl.gov/~olken/EPA/Workshop/index.html

Key Dates:

 March 14, 1997    Papers/abstracts and Participation Intent Form due 
 April 14, 1997   Program Committee Meeting (Berkeley, Calif.)
 April 18, 1997   Invitations issued
 June 8, 1997     Early registration fees due
 July 8-11, 1997  Workshop convenes
===================================================================
------- End of forwarded message -------