Subject: New version of saoimage browser available

From: [email-masked] (Doug Mink)
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 95 14:08:38 EST

New Version of Saoimage WCS Browser Available

At the request of Dennis Crabtree at DAO, I have modified my WCS-congnizant
version of saoimage to deal with CD matrix notation as well as CDELTn/CROTA.
The new version is available in source and SunOS binary at URLs

ftp://cfa0.harvard.edu/pub/gsc/Saoimage/saoimage1.10.tar.Z

and

ftp://cfa0.harvard.edu/pub/gsc/Saoimage/saoimage1.10.sunos.Z

For those who are interested, almost all WCS code is isolated in the
wcslib subdirectory.  I have modified the NRAO worldpos() subroutine.
I had hoped to add the capabilities of writing FITS images and changing
cursor-instigated WCS-utilizing commands without rereading the image file, but
other work got in the way.  Those features (and any others deemed absolutely
necessary by users) will be added by the end of January.  I still cannot
get saoimage to work automatically with images returned by Goddard's SkyView.
If you can, let me know so I can fix my setup files.

-Doug Mink
 Telescope Data Center
 Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
 Cambridge, Massachusetts