Subject: Re: FITS to GIF format

From: [email-masked] (Karen Gloria)
Date: 21 Apr 1994 12:15:12 -0400

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Andrew Berman) writes:
>Is there some program somewhere that will
>convert a FITS file to GIF or JPG format?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Andrew Berman
>

Yes.  I can convert FITS to GIF on a Macintosh in two steps.  First I
use a software package called IPLAB SPECTRUM (from Signal Analytics)
to convert FITS to TIFF.  Then I use Adobe Photoshop to convert the
TIFF image to GIF.

Hope this helps.

Karen G.

---

From: [email-masked] (Robert Henderson)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 1994 13:19:10

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Karen Gloria) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (Karen Gloria)
>Subject: Re: FITS to GIF format
>Date: 21 Apr 1994 12:15:12 -0400

>Karen G.

Spyglass Transform, which is available for MAC and Windows, can read FITS and 
save as TIFF or (windows version) as WMF or BMP.  Spyglass Transform is a 
commercial product which is very nice for image processing/analysis.

---

From: [email-masked] (Greg F Walz Chojnacki)
Date: 21 Apr 1994 17:10:00 GMT

>From article <[email-masked]>, by [email-masked] (Andrew Berman):

For PCs, consider IMDISP, which will write GIF files, and allow you to
manipulate the image before doing so.

Can't remember an ftp site, but if you're interested, email.

Greg