Subject: Re: View IMQ files

From: [email-masked] (William Arnett)
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 1994 19:54:20 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
Anton Futselaar <[email-masked]> wrote:
>How can I view .imq files on a Mac. IMQ files can be found on the Nasa
>CDroms.

Its a pain, but it can be done.

1. make sure the file is downloaded properly (ie in binary mode); some
	www browsers (ie lynx) appear to screw up. Make sure it gets copied
	properly to your mac (sz/zterm work fine)
2. use PDS_Decompress (available at explorer.arc.nasa.gov in the software
	directory, I think) to convert the imq file into something useful;
	there are (at least) two possibilities:
    2a. put PDS_Decompress in FITS mode; convert the file; and open it with
	GraphicConverter (shareware available at sumex-aim.standord.edu or
	its many mirrors ie ftp.lth.se or ftp.funet.fi)
    2b. pud PDS_Decompress in PDS mode and use Image4PDS (also available at
	explorer)

Good luck. 

-- 
---
Bill Arnett                  [email-masked]             San Jose, CA