Subject: Re: Image processing software

From: [email-masked] (philip hodder)
Date: 15 Aug 1994 19:48:02 GMT

In article [email-masked], [email-masked] (Eric Heim) writes:
> Can anyone suggest some image processing software that does photometry but
> does NOT require a math coprocessor?
> 
> Preferably, it would work with FITS files.  May be either mac or PC based
> 
> email if possible to [email-masked]
> 
> Eric Heim
> Dundalk HS
> Baltimore, MD 21222
> 

You could try PCVista - that works on FITS files. It has a couple of 
photometry programs I think: one that does aperture photometry and another
that does some kind of profile fitting (a la DAOPHOT). Try 

ftp.wwa.com:pub/ccd/image-viewers/pcvista.zip

You also get (C) source code with it!

	Hope this helps,

			Phil.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Philip J. C. Hodder                      INTERNET: [email-masked]
  Dept. of Geophysics & Astronomy          PHONE:    (604) 822-6722 
  #129-2219 Main Mall                      FAX:      (604) 822-6047
  University of British Columbia          
  Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada         
  V6T 1Z4                                  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The further thought occurs that we haven't budged a smegging inch!"
						           - Rimmer, Red Dwarf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------