Subject: CFV: sci.astro.fits

From: [email-masked] (Don Wells)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1992 14:16:13 GMT

Call For Votes to Create USENET Newsgroup

Name:	sci.astro.fits

Status:	Unmoderated

Charter:

  This newsgroup will provide a forum for the discussion of all topics
  concerning the FITS [Flexible Image Transport System] data format.
  The newsgroup will be interfaced to the Email exploder
  [email-masked] so that traffic originating on either the
  newsgroup on the exploder will be automatically transmitted to the
  other. This new newsgroup will replace existing newsgroup
  alt.sci.astro.fits.  

Reference Entry:

  sci.astro.fits	Issues related to the Flexible Image Transport System.

How to Vote:

  Send Email to	"[email-masked]" (or "[email-masked]") with
  the Subject line containing either "I vote YES on sci.astro.fits" or
  "I vote NO on sci.astro.fits".  If you are unable to generate/edit a
  Subject line then insert the YES/NO statement into the body of your
  message. The votes must be an explicit YES or NO; conditional votes
  will not be accepted.  Only votes mailed to the above addresses will
  count; votes posted to the net for any reason and proxy votes (such
  as mailing list maintainers claiming a vote for each member of the
  list) will not be counted.  

  Each vote will be acknowledged by Email, and at least one mass
  acknowledgement will be posted to various newsgroups.

Period:

  This vote will end at 23:59 Eastern time on Saturday 2 March 1992.
-- 
Donald C. Wells             Associate Scientist        [email-masked]
National Radio Astronomy Observatory                   +1-804-296-0277
520 Edgemont Road                                 Fax= +1-804-296-0278
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903-2475 USA            78:31.1W, 38:02.2N