Subject: Re: upside down

From: geneh at crash.cts.com (Gene Heitman)
Date: 2 Jun 91 05:26:24 GMT

In article <TED.91Jun1195007 at buckaroo.spa.umn.edu> ted at aps1.spa.umn.edu (Ted Stockwell) writes:
>In article <1991Jun1.073205.3665 at crash.cts.com> geneh at crash.cts.com (Gene Heitman) writes:
>
>   I would like to convert FITS and PDS and possibly VICAR format images to
>   use on my Amiga 3000.  In order to do this I need to get the specs for each
>   of the formats mentioned above.  Could someone please post the format specs
>   in this newsgroup or send them directly to me?
>
>The pbmplus package will convert from some fits formats to
>many other image formats.  It will not handle all kinds of fits images,
>however.  See  the Frequently Asked Questions posting in comp.graphics
>for information on where to get pbmplus.
>--
>Ted Stockwell                                     U of MN, Dept. of Astronomy
>ted at aps1.spa.umn.edu                          Automated Plate Scanner Project

I already have PBMPlus.  I have a commercial package for image processing 
on my Amiga called Art Department Professional.  The publishers of the 
software have said that they will write new loading and saving modules for
any format for which they receive the file specs and a couple of sample 
images.  I would also like to work with PDS and VICAR formats since these
types of images are on the Voyager CDROM set from Univ. of CO-Lab for Atmos.
and Space Physics.

Gene Heitman
geneh at crash.cts.com