Subject: Looking for a test REAL*8 FITS file

From: landsman at stars.gsfc.nasa.gov (Wayne Landsman)
Date: 19 Sep 91 04:47:46 GMT

Specifically, I'm looking for a REAL*8 FITS data file (preferably accessible
via FTP) which I can use to help develop and test a FITS I/O package.

   More generally, I have found the FITS files on the "FITS Test Tape" 
(available on fits.cx.nrao.edu) extremely useful in debugging my FITS I/O
routines.   But these files are now 9 years old and do not include more
recent developments such as the floating point standards.    Are there
any sites with more recent test FITS files available?

Thanks,

Wayne Landsman                      stars::landsman
ST Systems Co.                      landsman at stars.gsfc.nasa.gov
NASA/GSFC
Greenbelt, MD 20771

---

From: nelson at stsci.edu (Nelson Zarate)
Date: 20 Sep 91 18:08:23 GMT

> via FTP) which I can use to help develop and test a FITS I/O package.

Yes, I have put some FITS files in the anonymous account in the stsci.edu
machine. They are scaled (BIPIX = 32) double precision and ieee version
of ST data.

Nelson Zarate     zarate at stsci.edu