Subject: BINTABLE document available

From: dwells at fits.cx.nrao.edu (Don Wells)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1991 15:03:43 GMT

Bill Cotton and Doug Tody have agreed on the latest version of their
proposal for XTENSION= 'BINTABLE'. The document is available via
anonymous-FTP to fits.cx.nrao.edu [192.33.115.8], in directory FITS/doc:

-rw-r--r--  1 dwells   vlb        179394 Sep 23 09:45 bintable.ps
-rw-r--r--  1 dwells   vlb         32332 Sep 23 09:00 bintable.tex

Appendix B ("Variable Length Array" Facility) is especially
interesting. 

This announcement is alt.sci.astro.fits in action --- you heard it
here first! I will post an announcement to other places later today.

This announcement is also probably the first message which will pass
through the gateway to the "fitsbits" exploder. The exploder now has
two subscribers, one in Texas and the other in Germany.

--

Donald C. Wells             Associate Scientist        dwells at nrao.edu
National Radio Astronomy Observatory                   +1-804-296-0277
Edgemont Road                                     Fax= +1-804-296-0278
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903-2475 USA            78:31.1W, 38:02.2N