Subject: SI-units discussion available

From: dwells at fits.cx.nrao.edu (Don Wells)
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1992 15:20:02 GMT

I have concatenated most of the recent sci.astro SI units discussion
into a file which is available via anonymous FTP on fits.cx.nrao.edu
[192.33.115.8] in directory FITS/fitsbits as the file:

  -rw-r--r--  1 dwells      74858 Feb  3 09:57 sci.astro.9201.SI

The messages are ordered in the file mostly by subject threads, not by
time, due to the way my current newsreader (GNUS) operates.  I expect
that some parts of this discussion will prove to be useful to the FITS
community in the future in formulating recommended practices for the
units which are used in astronomical datasets. I want to thank all of
you who participated; I was impressed with the general high quality
and good spirit of the discussion which I started with my two initial
postings.
--

Donald C. Wells             Associate Scientist        dwells at nrao.edu
National Radio Astronomy Observatory                   +1-804-296-0277
520 Edgemont Road                                 Fax= +1-804-296-0278
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903-2475 USA            78:31.1W, 38:02.2N