Subject: RE: (IUE) Image Extension

From: jdp at vilspa.DNET.NASA.GOV (Jose Daniel Ponz VILSPA/VCS)
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1992 15:41:38 GMT

RLVAD::CUR (Malcom J. Currie) asks the question:

MC> Please can someone confirm that the only difference between the IMAGE
MC> and IUEIMAGE extensions a question of name, because "IMAGE", being
MC> generic, is reserved until or if the extension is approved by the FITS
MC> committees.  In other words does the IUEIMAGE extension assume knowledge
MC> of IUE-specific keywords?

The IUEIMAGE extension has been reserved for temporary use inside the IUE 
project until the generic IMAGE extension is approved by the FITS 
committees. IUEIMAGE does not assume knowledge on IUE specific keywords.

The draft proposal for the IMAGE extension was submitted on 1992.2.7 to the
Chairman of the FITS Committee for review. The proposal will be discussed 
during the European FITS Committee meeting in Munich (1992.5.15).

    Daniel Ponz

 --------------------------------
  J.D.Ponz                                             vilspa::jdp
  ESA/ECNOD               European Space Agency        
  Villafranca Satellite Tracking Station               34-1-8131183
  P.O.Box 50727
  28080 Madrid, SPAIN