Subject: 2nd CFV and VOTE ACK: sci.astro.fits

From: dwells at fits.cx.nrao.edu (Don Wells)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1992 06:20:40 GMT

This is the second Call For Votes on the creation of the unmoderated
newsgroup sci.astro.fits.

Name:	sci.astro.fits

Status:	Unmoderated

Charter:

  This newsgroup will provide a forum for the discussion of all topics
  concerning the FITS [Flexible Image Transport System] data format.
  The newsgroup will be interfaced to the Email exploder
  fitsbits at fits.cx.nrao.edu so that traffic originating on either the
  newsgroup on the exploder will be automatically transmitted to the
  other. This new newsgroup will replace existing newsgroup
  alt.sci.astro.fits.  

Reference Entry:

  sci.astro.fits	Issues related to FITS [Flexible Image Transport System]

How to Vote:

  Send Email to	"dwells at fits.cx.nrao.edu" (or "dwells at nrao.edu") with
  the Subject line containing either "I vote YES on sci.astro.fits" or
  "I vote NO on sci.astro.fits".  If you are unable to generate/edit a
  Subject line then insert the YES/NO statement into the body of your
  message. The votes must be an explicit YES or NO; conditional votes
  will not be accepted.  Only votes mailed to the above addresses will
  count; votes posted to the net for any reason and proxy votes (such
  as mailing list maintainers claiming a vote for each member of the
  list) will not be counted.  

  Each vote will be acknowledged by Email, and at least one more mass
  acknowledgement will be posted to various newsgroups.

Period:

  This vote will end at 23:59 Eastern time on Monday 2 March 1992.

				=-=-=-=-=

At 15:00 EST (20:00 GMT) Tuesday February 18, votes had been received
>from 218 people, and acknowledgements sent, with the exception of one
address which bounces due to its mailer being mis-configured. To all
of you who have voted so far I say: "Thank You!".

                                    adelmans at citadel.bitnet
                                    anderson at atnf.csiro.au
                                    anw at anwsun.phya.utoledo.edu
                                    bob at ipac.caltech.edu
                                    bpirenne at eso.org
                                    bschlesinger at nssdca.gsfc.nasa.gov
                                    c1796 at slvaxa.umsl.edu
                                    cbiemes at noao.edu
                                    cguirao at eso.org
                                    colorado at stars.gsfc.nasa.gov
                                    dreher at bkyast.berkeley.edu
                                    ed at astro.umd.edu
                                    fmurtagh at eso.org
                                    gondwana at athena.mit.edu
                                    hmadorf at eso.org
                                    howard at ssl.msfc.nasa.gov
                                    jmcgaha at pimacc.pima.edu
                                    kemper at nssdca.gsfc.nasa.gov
                                    mary at jach.hawaii.edu
                                    neff at stars.gsfc.nasa.gov
                                    pdierckx at eso.org
                                    pgrosbol at eso.org
                                    pwb at isaac.phys.unsw.oz.au
                                    ralbrech at eso.org
                                    rick at ipac.caltech.edu
                                    sysevm%nsrvan.uucp%clark.uucp at clark.edu
                                    w3whw at scfmvs.bitnet
                                    weiland at aruba.gsfc.nasa.gov
                                    whb at hoh-2.att.com
                                    wls at astro.umd.edu
              Lenny Abbey           labbey at gtri01.gatech.edu
              David Adler           dadler at negra.aoc.nrao.edu
             Miguel Albrecht        malbrech at eso.org
            Michael Albrow          phys170 at csc.canterbury.ac.nz
              Bruce Balick          balick at tahoma.phys.washington.edu
                Tom Bania           bania at buast4.bu.edu
            Timothy Banks           bankst at kauri.vuw.ac.nz
              Klaus Banse           kbanse at eso.org
          Jeannette Barnes          jbarnes at noao.edu
              Fritz Benedict        fritz at dorrit.as.utexas.edu
               Jeff Bloch           103283 at sstdp1.lanl.gov
       Michael Eric Boschat         andromed at atm.dal.ca
               P.J. Boulay          pjb4288 at ultb.isc.rit.edu
     Jeffrey Oliver Breen           job at cfa236.harvard.edu
             Daniel Briggs          dbriggs at zia.aoc.nrao.edu
        Lawrence E. Brown           elwin at gamma.phys.clemson.edu
                Liz Bryson          bryson at cfht.hawaii.edu
             Markus Buchhorn        markus at merlin.anu.edu.au
           Sinclair Budd            cmaae50 at cc.ic.ac.uk
              Frank Bull            bull%pyrrus.uucp at noao.edu
                Ann Burgess         aburgess at atnf.csiro.au
                Bob Burns           bburns at polaris.cv.nrao.edu
             Howard Bushouse        bushouse at iuegtc.dnet.nasa.gov
               Mark Calabretta      mcalabre at macabre.cv.nrao.edu
              Hulya CalIskan        jk017 at triuvm11.bitnet
               Bill Carson          brighton%phuket.uucp%pixar.uucp at next.com
              Carol Christian       carolc at ssl.berkeley.edu
              Chris Clark           chris at cfht.hawaii.edu
               Rick Coates          rick at ateq.com
            Bruce C Cogan           bcc900 at cscgpo.anu.edu.au
             Judith Cohen           jlc at deimos.caltech.edu
               Mike Collins         mcollins at phx.mcd.mot.com
            Mark E. Cornell         cornell at puck.as.utexas.edu
           Paulo da Costa           dacosta at prl.philips.nl
               Bill Cotton          bcotton at gorilla.cv.nrao.edu
             Dennis Crabtree        crabtree at dao.nrc.ca
         Malcolm J. Currie          cur at starlink.rutherford.ac.uk
           Chris J. Davis           chris at airdata.socal.com
               Mike Davis           davis at naic.edu
            Carl A. Dobson          cad at ssl.berkeley.edu
          Elwood C. Downey          e_downey at hwking.cca.cr.rockwell.com
              Frank Drake           drake at dragon.ulowell.edu
              Chris Dudley          dudley at galileo.ifa.hawaii.edu
                Ron Ekers           rekers at atnf.csiro.au
               Rick Ellis           rick at ofa123.fidonet.org
             Martin Ewing           ewing-martin at cs.yale.edu
              Allen Farris          farris at stsci.edu
            Eric D. Feigelson       edf at astro.psu.edu
               Tony Ferro           tony at quasar.la.asu.edu
              david fisher          fish at helios.ucsc.edu
              Chris Flatters        cflatter at greystoke.cv.nrao.edu
             Murray Forbes          forbesmc at matai.vuw.ac.nz
            Thierry Forveille       forveill at gag.observ-gr.fr
          Priscilla Frisch          frisch at galadriel.uchicago.edu
              Terry Gaetz           gaetz at julian.uwo.ca
                Bob Garwood         bgarwood at sngldsh.cv.nrao.edu
              FRANK GHIGO           fghigo at lodestar.gb.nrao.edu
               John Glaspey         glaspey at cfht.hawaii.edu
              Brian Glendenning     bglenden at colobus.cv.nrao.edu
              Orhan GOKCOL          ucgokcol at tritu.bitnet
             Daniel Golombek        golombek at stsci.edu
           James P. Goltz           frost at helix.nih.gov
              Steve Grandi          grandi at noao.edu
             Andrew Gray            agray at atnf.csiro.au
               Eric Greisen         egreisen at polaris.cv.nrao.edu
              Gerry Grieve          grieve at geop.ubc.ca
             Gaston Groisman        gaston at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
          Edward J. Groth           groth at pupgg.princeton.edu
                Bob Hanisch         hanisch at stsci.edu
              Wendy Harrison        harrison at cfht.hawaii.edu
              Booth Hartley         booth at ipac.caltech.edu
              Helge Hauglin         helgeha at ifi.uio.no
               Jeff Hayes           hayes at stsci.edu
               Greg Hennessy        gsh7w at fermi.clas.virginia.edu
               Tony Hewitt          hewitt at aslpet.med.ge.com
               Mike Hicks           hicksm at lpl.arizona.edu
               Phil Hodge           hodge at stsci.edu
               John Horne           horne at cfht.hawaii.edu
             Victor Hughes          hughesv at qucdn.queensu.ca
             Gareth Hunt            ghunt at nrao.edu
         Dr. Albert Hybl            hybl at umbc4.umbc.edu
           Peter D. Jackson         jackson at cobecl.dnet.nasa.gov
               Dave Jenner          davej at phast.phys.washington.edu
               Diab Jerius          dj at pelf.harvard.edu
             Justin Jonas           phjj at ruchem.ru.ac.za
             Dean C Josephson       dean at cfht.hawaii.edu
            Joel C. Justen          joel%crpi.uucp at uunet.uu.net
          Markus G. Kempf           kempf at rhrk.uni-kl.de
               John Kerr            john at cfht.hawaii.edu
              james kiley           jkiley at andy.bgsu.edu
             Edward King            eking at herca.jpl.nasa.gov
            Quincey Koziol          koziol at ncsa.uiuc.edu
             N PAUL KUIN            kuin at nssdca.gsfc.nasa.gov
                Tom Kuiper          kuiper at kuiper.jpl.nasa.gov
            Krishna Kunchithapadam  krisna at cs.wisc.edu
               Glen Langston        glangsto at saips.cv.nrao.edu
MICHAEL CHRISTOPHER LAPAGLIA        m953618 at mcdonald.nadn.navy.mil
            Charles Lawrence        crl at eccles.caltech.edu
               D.A. Leahy           leahy at iras.ucalgary.ca
             Zoltan Levay           levay at stsci.edu
               Greg Lindahl         gl8f at fermi.clas.virginia.edu
              Peter Linde           peter at astro.lu.se
                Bob Link            link at cfht.hawaii.edu
         Joseph St. Lucas           stlucas at gdwest.gd.com
               Lars Lundahl         lundahl at oso.chalmers.se
               Dyer Lytle           lytle at noao.edu
             Barney Magrath         magrath at cfht.hawaii.edu
             George Martin          gmartin at zia.aoc.nrao.edu
               Rick McGonegal       mcgonegr at noao.edu
                 Ed McGuire         emcguire at ccad.uiowa.edu
              David Mehringer       dmehring at zia.aoc.nrao.edu
                Ken Mighell         mighell at merlin.anu.edu.au
             Stefan Mochnacki       stefan at vela.astro.utoronto.ca
              David Moffett         dpm at cs.purdue.edu
     Christopher B. Moore           cmoore at alioth.mit.edu
              J. R. Munoz_Peiro     jmunoz at estsaa.dnet.nasa.gov
            KAYLENE MURDOCH         phys166 at csc.canterbury.ac.nz
                Pat Murphy          pmurphy at nrao.edu
              Steve Murray          ssm at cfa244.harvard.edu
             Robert Mutel           rlm at sunlight.physics.uiowa.edu
         Matthew J. Nelson          nelson at larry.sal.wisc.edu
               Mike Newberry        newberry at as.arizona.edu
         Patrick L. Nolan           pln at egret1.stanford.edu
                Ray Norris          rnorris at atnf.csiro.au
            Michael Olberg          olberg at oso.chalmers.se
              Nancy Oliversen       noliversen at iuegtc.dnet.nasa.gov
            Eric C. Olson           ericco at ssl.berkeley.edu
              Bruce Oneel           oneel at arupa.gsfc.nasa.gov
           Patricio Ortiz           ortiz at vela.astro.utoronto.ca
               Paul Palmer          palmerp at math.orst.edu
           Aliza R. Panitz          buglady at silver.lcs.mit.edu
                Tim Pearson         tjp at eccles.caltech.edu
         Jeffrey A. Pedelty         pedelty at jansky.gsfc.nasa.gov
          George D. Phillies        phillies at wpi.wpi.edu
           The Daft Pict            mclean at shadow.stsci.edu
               Phil Plait           pcp2g at karma.astro.virginia.edu
                Joe Plassmann       joep at asgard.lpl.arizona.edu
        Jose Daniel Ponz            jdp at vilspa.dnet.nasa.gov
               Tony Putman          tonyp at ucthpx.uct.ac.za
              Ernst Raimond         exr at nfra.nl
              Kavan Ratnatunga      kavan at merlin.anu.edu.au
              Somak Raychaudhury    somak at cfa203.harvard.edu
               Gail Reichert        reichert at rosgip.gsfc.nasa.gov
              Brian Reynolds        reynolds at fsg.com
            Greg N. Roberts         roberts at orion.arc.nasa.gov
            Andreas Roemer          andi at comet.gold.sub.org
              Chris Rogers          crogers at drao.nrc.ca
              Steve Rooke           rooke at noao.edu
              a. m. rushton         rushton at stsci.edu
             Robert Rutledge        rutledge at space.mit.edu
             Gustaf Rydbeck         gustaf at oso.chalmers.se
            Paul J. Schinder        schinder at leprss.gsfc.nasa.gov
                Rob Seaman          seaman at noao.edu
              Nigel Sharp           sharp at vela.tuc.noao.edu
             Steinn Sigurdsson      steinly at topaz.ucsc.edu
             Michal Simon           msimon at ccmail.sunysb.edu
           Jhs John Simonetti       jhs at astro.phys.vt.edu
          Robert W. Spiker          rws3n at astsun9.astro.virginia.edu
               Ralf Stephan         hagbard at ark.abg.sub.org
            Carolyn Stern           stern at jasra.harvard.edu
           Peter B. Stetson         stetson at dao.nrc.ca
               Mark Stevens         stevens at stsci.edu
             Thomas Stingl          stingl at gate.fzi.de
               Jose Suarez          suarez at as.arizona.edu
              Denis Sullivan        sullivan at emf.vuw.ac.nz
            William Thompson        thompson at serts.gsfc.nasa.gov
               Rich Thomson         rthomson at dsd.es.com
         Michael H. Tipping         greywolf at vesta.unm.edu
               Doug Tody            tody at noao.edu
              Tasso Tzioumis        atzioumi at atnf.csiro.au
              Frank Valdes          valdes at noao.edu
               Dirk Valk            dirk at spacsun.rice.edu
             Edward Vielmetti       emv at msen.com
            Stephen Walton          swalton at solaria.csun.edu
          George M. Weaver          weaver at astro.psu.edu
                Don Wells           dwells at fits.cx.nrao.edu
               Mark Wieringa        mwiering at atnf.csiro.au
                Dan Wilcox          wilcox at cfht.hawaii.edu
               Tony Willis          twillis at drao.nrc.ca
                rob woiccak         rewoicc at erenj.bitnet
              Donna Womble          womble at cass05.dnet.nasa.gov
                 Al Wootten         awootten at polaris.cv.nrao.edu
                Jim Wright          jwright at cfht.hawaii.edu
               Bill Wyatt           wyatt at cfa214.harvard.edu
              Peter Yee             yee at spectre.arc.nasa.gov
                 A. Young           ayoung at eso.org
             Nelson Zarate          nelson at stsci.edu
            Yun Fei Zhang           zhang at buast0.bu.edu
-- 
Donald C. Wells             Associate Scientist        dwells at nrao.edu
National Radio Astronomy Observatory                   +1-804-296-0277
520 Edgemont Road                                 Fax= +1-804-296-0278
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903-2475 USA            78:31.1W, 38:02.2N