Subject: AAS WGAS meeting, call for agenda items

From: hanisch at stsci.edu (Bob Hanisch)
Date: Thu, 21 May 1992 20:28:19 GMT

To all members of the American Astronomical Society Working Group on
Astronomical Software and other interested parties:

  I would like to have suggestions for agenda items for the forthcoming
WGAS meeting.  We have a program of 4 contributed papers in our morning
session, and our `business' meeting is in the afternoon.  So far, I
expect to include the following topics in the business meeting:

o  FITS issues
   -  Establishment of a formal FITS Committee
   -  Status of recent FITS actions (binary tables, etc.)
   -  Report from the NASA FITS Support Office

o  Communications
   -  Pros/cons of establishing a newsgroup for the WGAS

o  Data compression
   -  Relationship to FITS
   -  Distribution/catalog of compression algorithms

o  Software distribution/catalogs in general

  Please let me know if there are other topics you would like to see 
included.  I will distribute a more formal agenda within the next week
or so.

  In case you've not read your AAS meeting announcement, the WGAS will
convene on Monday June 8 as part of the Columbus AAS meeting.  The details
are as follows:

	Session 14:  WGAS oral papers, McKinley room		10:00-11:30am
	WGAS Business Meeting, McKinley room			 2:00- 3:30pm

Bob Hanisch
Chair, AAS Working Group on Astronomical Software
hanisch at stsci.edu
tel. 410-338-4910
-- 
Robert J. Hanisch                       Tel. (410)338-4910   Fax. (410)338-5090
Space Telescope Science Institute       NSI: hanisch at stsci.edu [130.167.1.2]
3700 San Martin Drive                   DECNet: STSCIC::HANISCH [6549::] 
Baltimore, MD  21218  USA               Bitnet: hanisch at stsci