Subject: New release of FITSIO V3.31

From: pence at tetra.gsfc.nasa.gov (William Pence)
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 93 11:35:50 EST

FITSIO - Version 3.31
                           4 February 1992

A new mini-release of the FITSIO subroutine library, version 3.31, is
now available.  This new version contains several bug repairs and
efficiency improvements as well as an updated documentation file.
Otherwise, it is functionally identical and completely compatible with
the previous FITSIO release.  See the 'release.doc' file  in the FITSIO
distribution directory for further details on the changes made to this
version.

For those unfamiliar with FITSIO, it is a powerful yet simple to use
Fortran subroutine interface for reading and writing files in FITS
format on magnetic disk.  It runs on most common types of computers and
supports FITS ASCII tables, binary tables, and image extensions as well
as simple array FITS files.

The FITSIO software, documentation, and example programs can be
obtained via anonymous ftp from:

        tetra.gsfc.nasa.gov   (128.183.8.77)

Type the following commands at the ftp prompt to copy any desired files:

        ftp>  user anonymous
        Password:               [type your username as a password]
        ftp>  cd pub/fitsio    [to move to the fitsio subdirectory]
        ftp>  ls                [to see a list of the available files]
        ftp>  get Read.me       [contains latest information on FITSIO]
        ftp>  get fitsio.doc    [complete user documentation]
        ftp>  get fitsio.tex    [Latex version of the documentation]
        ftp>  get ...           [get any additional desired files]
        ftp>  quit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. William Pence      
USRA/HEASARC  (High Energy Astrophysics Science Archive Research Center)
Code 668                         
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center    SPAN:      LHEAVX::PENCE
Greenbelt, MD 20771                 Internet:  pence at tetra.gsfc.nasa.gov
                                    Telephone:  (301)286-4599