Subject: Fits for Macs?

From: k085722 at hobbes.kzoo.edu (Greg Johnson)
Date: Thu, 20 May 1993 18:43:51 GMT

Are there any FITS converters/displayers available for the Macintosh?
If so, from where? (anonymous ftp preferable).

Thanks,

---

From: dwells at fits.CV.NRAO.EDU (Don Wells)
Date: Thu, 20 May 1993 21:32:03 GMT

In article <1993May20.184351.22330 at hobbes.kzoo.edu>
k085722 at hobbes.kzoo.edu (Greg Johnson) writes: "Are there any FITS
converters/displayers available for the Macintosh?  If so, from where?
(anonymous ftp preferable)."

Do anonymous-FTP to fits.cv.nrao.edu [192.33.115.8], look in
directory /FITS/OSsupport/MacOS, and read these 8 files:

       size   date        name
       ---- ------------ ------------
        430 Oct 28  1992 FITSIO.txt
       2665 Oct 29  1992 FITSIO.v3p3
        464 Oct 26  1992 Mac_Vista.txt
        638 Oct 26  1992 NIH_Image.txt
        865 Oct 28  1992 SpyGlass.txt
       1020 Oct 28  1992 Various.txt
       1267 Dec  2 11:56 ipsys.txt
        685 Mar  5 11:40 maia.txt

These small text files (private Email and newsgroup postings) describe
various FITS packages available for MacOS. If you have any success
send me an Email message that I can add to this directory to help the
next person.
--

Donald C. Wells             Associate Scientist        dwells at nrao.edu
National Radio Astronomy Observatory                   +1-804-296-0277
520 Edgemont Road                                 Fax= +1-804-296-0278
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903-2475 USA            78:31.1W, 38:02.2N