Subject: Is this group archived?

From: thompson at serts.gsfc.nasa.gov (William Thompson)
Date: 7 Dec 93 21:19:29 GMT

I'm sure this has been asked before, but is this group archived somewhere?

Thank you,

Bill Thompson

---

From: dwells at fits.CV.NRAO.EDU (Don Wells)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1993 23:08:10 GMT

In article <thompson.755299169 at serts.gsfc.nasa.gov>
    thompson at serts.gsfc.nasa.gov (William Thompson) writes:
 WT> I'm sure this has been asked before, but is this group archived
 WT> somewhere? 

Yes, in directory

         ftp://fits.cv.nrao.edu/fits/traffic/sciastrofits/

The current contents of the directory are: 

  -r--r--r--  1 dwells       2234 May 31  1993 charter_sci_astro_fits.news
  -r--r--r--  1 dwells       1005 May  5  1992 control.9205
  -r--r--r--  1 dwells       2035 Jul  5 17:15 readership-saf.news
  -r--r--r--  1 dwells      21220 May 31  1993 result_sci_astro_fits.news
  lrwxrwxrwx  1 dwells          8 Dec  1 00:01 saf -> saf.9312
  dr-xr-xr-x  2 dwells        512 Aug 19 09:59 saf.91
  dr-xr-xr-x  2 dwells        512 May 29  1993 saf.92
  -r--r--r--  1 dwells      17377 Feb  2  1993 saf.9301
  -r--r--r--  1 dwells      67298 Apr 12  1993 saf.9302
  -r--r--r--  1 dwells      61163 Apr 12  1993 saf.9303
  -r--r--r--  1 dwells      22052 May  4  1993 saf.9304
  -r--r--r--  1 dwells     163961 May 29  1993 saf.9305
  -r--r--r--  1 dwells     143916 Jul  2 09:25 saf.9306
  -r--r--r--  1 dwells      48993 Aug  9 17:45 saf.9307
  -r--r--r--  1 dwells     139206 Sep  6 10:34 saf.9308
  -r--r--r--  1 dwells      68471 Sep 30 09:37 saf.9309
  -r--r--r--  1 dwells      82011 Nov  1 08:30 saf.9310
  -r--r--r--  1 dwells     108788 Nov 30 15:00 saf.9311
  -rw-rw-rw-  1 dwells      13346 Dec  7 18:00 saf.9312

Your posting asking this question is the last message in file "saf",
which is aliased to file "saf.9312". Messages for 1991 and 1992 are
stored in subdirectories. The whole mass of text has been indexed, and
can be searched using WAIS at the URL

         wais://fits.cv.nrao.edu/nrao-fits

--

  Donald C. Wells           Associate Scientist       dwells at nrao.edu
  National Radio Astronomy Observatory                +1-804-296-0277
  520 Edgemont Road                              Fax= +1-804-296-0278
  Charlottesville, Virginia 22903-2475 USA         78:31.1W, 38:02.2N