Subject: Is there a FITS image viewer for DOS?

From: ac448 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Tom Lipovits)
Date: 18 Mar 1994 16:56:12 GMT

I am recently  interested in the FITS images and am unable to find
any image viewers on local bulletin boards.  Any information would
be helpful.  Thank you
   
    _I_don't_have_an_employer_
   .Tom.

---

From: boyer at rd.eng.bbc.co.uk (John Boyer)
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 1994 09:12:35 GMT

Tom Lipovits (ac448 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu) wrote:

: I am recently  interested in the FITS images and am unable to find
: any image viewers on local bulletin boards.  Any information would
: be helpful.  Thank you
:    
:     _I_don't_have_an_employer_
:    .Tom.
Yes. it's called imdisp79. i think I got it from ames.arc.nasa.gov. You
could also try explorer.arc.nasa.gov   It will not do 32 bit floating
point numbers. 

John B
John.boyer at rd.eng.bbc.co.uk