Subject: FITS Viewer for VMS or DECWindows

From: ASTRO_MGR at EZINFO.VMSMAIL.ETHZ.CH (Matthias Cramer)
Date: 21 May 1994 19:01:27 GMT

Hello All

Knows anyone of you a FITS-Viewer for VMS or DECWindows ???

---

From: fitz at noao.edu (Mike Fitzpatrick)
Date: Sat, 21 May 1994 22:33:09 GMT

>From article <2rllq7$18n at elna.ethz.ch>, by ASTRO_MGR at EZINFO.VMSMAIL.ETHZ.CH (Matthias Cramer):
Status: RO
X-VM-v5-Data: ([nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil]
	["438" "" " 7" "" "" "" "AST" "article" "article" nil "12" "" nil nil nil "" nil nil (number " " mark "     article                7   12/438   " thread-indent "\"\"\n") nil]
	nil)
> Knows anyone of you a FITS-Viewer for VMS or DECWindows ???

Mathias,
	Check out SAOimage from iraf.noao.edu (140.252.1.1 or 5355::iraf)
in the 'iraf.old' subdirectory as "saoimage.tar.Z".  If you need an 
uncompressed version or something other than a tar file let me know and I
can make it available.  SAOimage will run standalone to display FITS images
under both VMS and Unix.  If you have any problems or questions with it
send mail to iraf at noao.edu.

Cheers,
Mike Fitzpatrick
NOAO/IRAF Group