Subject: Re: FITS on Mac via NIH Image Mods

From: steves1825 at aol.com (SteveS1825)
Date: 30 Jun 1994 00:01:05 -0400

In article <28JUN199408331456 at nssdca.gsfc.nasa.gov>,
bschlesinger at nssdca.gsfc.nasa.gov (BARRY M. SCHLESINGER) writes:

Does it have limits on the values of NAXIS and BITPIX it will accept?

    Barry Schlesinger
    NOST FITS Support Office

 Barry,
     I don't know, I have yet to obtain access to FITS format images
apart from the handful that came from the program, so I have yet to
come near to testing it to its' limits. 
     I would say that it was definitely worth taking a look at.

---

From: pmurphy at nrao.edu (Patrick P. Murphy)
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 1994 03:34:19 GMT

(attribution corrected)

In article <2utg21$cvd at search01.news.aol.com>, steves1825 at aol.com

> come near to testing it to its' limits. 

If AOL gives you the ability to use ftp, try the following:

	fits.cv.nrao.edu (192.33.115.8) /fits/sampledata/image/
	info.cv.nra.edu (192.33.115.103) /pub/aips/DDT/15JAN94/

These directories contain many samples of test fits files.  If you explore
the fits server, you'll find even more.

				- Pat
--
=============================================================================
  Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.                   Scientific Programming Analyst
  National Radio Astronomy Observatory                     pmurphy at nrao.edu
  520 Edgemont Road                                     Tel: (804) 296-0372
  Charlottesville, VA 22903-2475                        Fax: (804) 296-0278
                                         web: http://orangutan.cv.nrao.edu/
	"I don't believe in the no-win scenario"  --- James T. Kirk
=============================================================================

---

From: steves1825 at aol.com (SteveS1825)
Date: 6 Jul 1994 01:28:04 -0400

In article <PMURPHY.94Jul2233420 at orangutan.cv.nrao.edu>,
pmurphy at nrao.edu (Patrick P. Murphy) writes:

Pat, thank you for that ftp information for FITS files! I hope I can
find a way to ftp.