Subject: FTP Site for FAQ archive?

From: Mazuk at Courier2.Aero.Org (Steve Mazuk)
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 13:20:28 -0500

Where is the FTP archive for the FAQ for this group?  My site doesn't have
the FAQ and the SCI.ASTRO site doesn't appear to have this group's FAQ.

---

From: bschlesinger at nssdca.gsfc.nasa.gov (BARRY M. SCHLESINGER)
Date: 15 Jul 1994 11:02 EDT

In article <Mazuk-130794132028 at sheila.aero.org>, Mazuk at Courier2.Aero.Org (Steve Mazuk) writes...
>the FAQ and the SCI.ASTRO site doesn't appear to have this group's FAQ.  

A modified copy of the most recent FITS basics and information 
proposal is available by anonymous ftp from nssdca.gsfc.nasa.gov in
the directory FITS (it's a VAX; case is not important).  The main
difference from the posted material is that the basics and information
file at nssdca.gsfc does not contain the material describing the 
contents of the NSSDC ftp directories; that information is, however, 
available in the AAREADME.DOC file in the same directory.

Copies of the actual posting are automatically archived at
ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/sci.astro.fits/.  The MIT site is the 
archive location for all Usenet periodic posting and is frequenty 
busy.

				Barry Schlesinger
				NSSDC/NOST FITS Support Office