Subject: Re: Postscript??

From: carl at SOL1.GPS.CALTECH.EDU (Carl J Lydick)
Date: 7 Sep 1994 01:12:33 GMT

In article <370_9409051914 at unique.pronet.com>, Alan.Sawyer at p1305.f158.n633.z3.fidonet.org (Alan Sawyer) writes:
=Whilst escaping from government goons,xmosa at vega.pd.astro.it yelled out .....
= xm> In article <33kg9p$lo at hugin.aau.dk>, norup at indigo (Anton Norup
= xm> Soerensen) writes: |>
= |>I would like to know of programs available for converting FITS images
= |>to GIF format. I will also be interested to hear of programs to 
= |>combine three, e.g. B,V,R images to one 'true-colour' GIF image.
=How do I view/print these post script things too??? On an IBM,
=.... "I'm a citizen of Legoland travellin Incommunicado" - Fish

You might try checking whether there's an implementation of Ghostscript for the
system you use.  If I recall correctly, Ghostscript is part of the GNU project,
and should be available via anonymous FTP from PREP.AI.MIT.EDU [18.71.0.38].
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carl J Lydick | INTERnet: CARL at SOL1.GPS.CALTECH.EDU | NSI/HEPnet: SOL1::CARL

Disclaimer:  Hey, I understand VAXen and VMS.  That's what I get paid for.  My
understanding of astronomy is purely at the amateur level (or below).  So
unless what I'm saying is directly related to VAX/VMS, don't hold me or my
organization responsible for it.  If it IS related to VAX/VMS, you can try to
hold me responsible for it, but my organization had nothing to do with it.