Subject: FAQ location?

From: ai at iol.ie (Astronomy Ireland)
Date: 21 Jan 1995 04:03:02 GMT

Is the FITS FAQ available somewhere by ftp etc.?

--
David Moore BSc FRAS, Editor of "Astronomy & Space" magazine.
(ai at iol.ie) Chairman, Astronomy Ireland, P.O.Box 2888, Dublin 1.
Tel: +353-1-459 8883. Fax: +353-1-459 9933.
________Irish News: 1550-111-442 (calls cost upto 58p/minute)________
_____U.K.: 0891-88-1950 (39p/min cheap, 49p/min all other times)_____

---

From: bschlesinger at nssdca.gsfc.nasa.gov (Barry M. Schlesinger)
Date: 25 Jan 1995 09:29 EDT

In article <3fq11m$mrc at barnacle.iol.ie>, ai at iol.ie (Astronomy Ireland) writes...
>Is the FITS FAQ available somewhere by ftp etc.?

It is available from ftp://nssdca.gsfc.nasa.gov/fits/basics_info.txt

Since NSSDCA is a VAX, Mosaic users should use 
ftp://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/fits/basics_info.txt

A new version should be posted later this week.

				Barry Schlesinger
				NSSDC/NOST FITS Support Office