Subject: Where can I find FITS?

From: aq251 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Jason Cobill)
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 14:36:04 GMT

As I understand it FITS is a standard... I take it there's
documentation available?

	Where can I find it?

	Jason Cobill

--
Do all the good you can,   |  At all the times you can,     |   Jason Cobill
By all the means you can,  |  To all the people you can,    |  aq251 at freenet.
In all the ways you can,   |  As long as ever you can.      |   carleton.ca
In all the places you can, |      - John Wesley, "His Rule" |  :) :) :) :) :)

---

From: bschlesinger at nssdca.gsfc.nasa.gov (Barry M. Schlesinger)
Date: 26 May 1995 09:07 EDT

In article <D91CK4.ADD at freenet.carleton.ca>, aq251 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Jason Cobill) writes...
>	As I understand it FITS is a standard... I take it there's

A comprehensive discussion of the basics of FITS, the available
documentation and how to get it, software, and network repositories 
of FITS information is available at

ftp://nssdca.gsfc.nasa.gov/fits/basics_info.txt (VAX/VMS)
or
ftp://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/fits/basics_info.txt

Links to this discussion, documentation including the NOST Definition
of FITS and Users Guide to FITS, and to other FITS network sites are
available on the World Wide Web from 
http://www.gsfc.nasa.gov/astro/fits/fits_home.html .
				
				Barry Schlesinger
				FITS Support Office
				NSSDC/ADF