Subject: A Java-based client-side FITS Browser

From: Xinjian Lu <xlu at ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 17:06:43 -0600

A Java-based implementation of a FITS browser is a work in progress and
we welcome you to try out what we have and to give us your comments.

Currently our prototype browser has the following features: 

     .it uses a java applet to display images from within a file in a
new frame, including animation of the planes from 3-D images. 
     .it displays summary information (or a full fits header) from a
FITS file. 
     .it converts a FITS ascii or binary table into an HTML table. 
     .it displays the original data in a separate frame when draging a
mouse over the image . 

Please try our web page at:
       http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/fits/java/

Any comments, questions and bugs related to this FITS Browser could  be
sent to me.

	Email: xlu at ncsa.uiuc.edu(Xinjian Lu)
 at ncsa.uiuc.edu
-xinjian