Subject: Re: MAc program for FITS files ?? (fwd)

From: bschlesinger at nssdca.gsfc.nasa.gov (Barry M. Schlesinger)
Date: 10 Oct 1996 11:48 EDT

In article <53eu1b$rar at eagle1.cc.GaSoU.edu>, ZELLNER at GSVMS2.CC.GASOU.EDU (BENJAMIN_H. ZELLNER) writes...
> 
> [replying to]
> > 
> > MAIA...may still be around
> > at info-mac, in gst/grf if it hasn't been moved to sci.
> > The should also be some plugin for NIH Image (and PhotoShop) if you
> > look around at NIH's ftp site.
> 
>There is also a freeware FITS plug-in for Adobe Photoshop, and the 
>shareware product GraphicConverter can open an ordinary FITS file.
> 
>However none of the above can correctly open an allegedly true-FITS
>file written by the popular IRAF tool "wfits".  If anyone knows
>why, I would like to find out.
> 
The preceding appeared on sci.astro and has been posted to these two 
groups to assist in finding an answer.  Followups are directed to 
sci.astro as well, but not the original, which has already been seen 
there.
	
				Barry Schlesinger