Subject: Requaest for help.

From: nagy at anl.gov (Zoltan Nagy)
Date: 20 Mar 1998 17:22:10 GMT

To whom is involved in running this newsgroup/mailing list.

   I am writing to you for some help and advice.

   I found this newsgroup in the book entitled "The Internet for Scientist and
Engineers" by B.J. Thomas.

   This book mentions that this newsgroup is also mirrored on 
mailing list "fits-bits at fits.cx.nrao.edu." 

   I am involved with a newsgroup "sci.chem.electrochem," which is mirrored on a
mailing list "eletqm-l."  I have been crossposting messages between the the
newsgroup and the mailing list manually far the last couple of years. It takes
only a few minutes daily, but it is still a chore. I would really like to have a
software that could do the job automatically.

   I was wondering how is your newsgroup connected to the mailing list. Is it
done manually or automatically? 

   Could you advise me about a software that connects the group and the list?
Or, at least, could you point me in the right direction for looking for such a
software or for asking about it?

   Your help will be greatly appreciated. Please e-mail to nagy at anl.gov    

   Regards: Zoltan Nagy
******************************************************************************
Zoltan Nagy     
Divisions of Materials Science and Chemical Technology
Argonne National Laboratory                       Phone: (630) 252-4355
9700 South Cass Avenue                            FAX:   (630) 252-9373
Argonne, Illinois 60439-4837, USA                 E-mail: nagy at anl.gov
******************************************************************************