Subject: fitsio on VxWorks - solved

From: Maren Purves <m.purves at jach.hawaii.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 08:12:59 -1000

Dear all,

as I had a number of very helpful people sending me email without
copying them to the list, Bill Pence solved my problem by suggesting
we upgrade fitsio (we were running 1.2). I got the new version of 
fitsio, made the usual VxWorks modifications, and it works now.

Usual VxWorks modifications:
The problems with VxWorks are:
- there is no Fortran that I know of (so all Fortran files and
references have to be removed, otherwise gmake falls over)
- there are no main() routines (so one either has to rename them or
to move them out of the way too)

This is on a Heurikon Nitro 60 board in a VME crate, with the
operating system being VxWorks 5.3.1/Tornado 1.0.1, cross compiled
on a Sun clone (running Solaris 2.5), writing FITS files to a NFS
mounted disk.

Thanks to everybody, expecially Bill Pence,

Maren Purves