Subject: WCSTools 2.2 and SAOimage 1.22 available

From: Doug Mink <dmink at cfa.harvard.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 16:47:51 -0400

The WCSTools are portable C utility programs and subroutines for
setting and using the world coordinate system (WCS) of a FITS or
IRAF image.  They implement all of the proposed FITS WCS projections
as well as that of the Digitized Sky Survey and a trial version of
a polynomial plate fit for higher astrometric accuracy.  Discussions
are ongoing in the FITS WCS community as to exactly how the polynomial
should enter into the projection process, but this version seems to
work quite well on a variety of data.  The WCSTools package includes
standalone catalog searching code and a few image utilities, too.
It is available at

 ftp://cfa-ftp.harvard.edu/pub/gsc/WCSTools/wcstools-2.2.tar.gz

The new version of SAOimage fixes a number of small bugs and
implements all of the WCSTools projections.  It is available at

 ftp://cfa-ftp.harvard.edu/pub/gsc/SAOimage/

Online help is available at

 http://tdc-www.harvard.edu/software/saoimage.html

-Doug Mink (dmink at cfa.harvard.edu)