Subject: Re: Viewing fits files

From: ajw01 at uow.edu.au (Andrew John Walker)
Date: 30 Apr 98 23:04:36 GMT

Gordon <dgb at doplar.wa.astro.gov.au> writes:

>I am putting togther an photography project for my astronomical
>society.  I got hold of some graphic inages of objects of interest from
>the Digitial Sky Survey site but I cannot not find a viewer.  I would
>like to view the fits images believing them to be more detailed than the
>images in the gif format.  Is there anywhere on the net I get get a
>simple fits viewer.    

>Any advice would be appreciated.
>Gordon
	If you're using a PC check out Fitsview at
http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~bcotton/fitsview.html 

Andrew
--
* Andrew Walker         *
* Department Of Physics * e-mail -- ajw01 at uow.edu.au
* Wollongong University *
* Australia		*