Subject: Indexed Keywords

From: arots at xebec.harvard.edu (Arnold Rots)
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 16:53:50 -0400 (EDT)

I have a recollection that indexed keywords have to start at 1, i.e.,
Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 - not Q0, Q1, Q2, Q3.

I couldn't find the explicit reference in NOST 100-1.2, but I'm sure
some recipient of this list server remembers ;-)

Am I right?

Thanks,

  - Arnold

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arnold H. Rots                                         AXAF Science Center
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory                tel:  +1 617 496 7701
60 Garden Street, MS 81                              fax:  +1 617 495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138                             arots at head-cfa.harvard.edu
USA                                     http://hea-www.harvard.edu/~arots/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: William Pence <pence at tetra.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 17:23:52 -0400

On page 9 of the draft NOST 100-1.2, an Indexed keyword is defined to have
an appended *positive* integer count, which rules out starting the sequence
with zero.

-Bill Pence

---

From: arots at xebec.harvard.edu (Arnold Rots)
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 17:42:57 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks, Bill.

Silly me - I went to the index, looked up "indexed, keywords", found
the definition of a keyword in section 5.1.2.1, and discovered that
this definition is mute on the subject.  Had I looked up "keywords,
indexed", then I would have found what I was looking for :-)

  - Arnold