Subject: [!] Visualization and analysis package

From: Lee Elson <elson at magus.jpl.nasa.gov>
Date: 31 Aug 1998 09:30:41 -0500

Dear Colleague:

We have now released the third beta version of our free Java-based
science
visualization and analysis tool, WebWinds. It is the first general
release, i.e. designed for the user/researcher. The user interface has
been simplified so that files in several different formats can be read
in easily from your local machine or from the Web.  In addition, data
can be subset or subsampled on load, making it possible to visualize
large datasets. There are also several new display and analysis tools
available. Documentation is available (either on-line or via download)
which includes a number of step-by-step examples.

WebWinds has been tested on several Unix, Windows (95/NT) and Mac
platforms but should run on any platform (e.g. DEC Alpha) which supports

Java JDK 1.1.6.

We would appreciate feedback from you, especially with
regard to major, repeatable crashes or features that do not work as
well as success stories.

To download a copy of this release, go to http://webwinds.jpl.nasa.gov.

Regards,
Lee Elson
(818) 354-4223
elson at magus.jpl.nasa.gov