Subject: sci.astro.fits/fitsbits gateway operational

From: Don Wells <dwells at nrao.edu>
Date: 04 Aug 1998 11:35:21 -0400

Dear fitsbits subscribers,

It appears that there was only one message which was posted to
sci.astro.fits during the period that the sci.astro.fits===>fitsbits
gateway was down. This message was recovered and it was transmitted by
fitsbits earlier today:

    From: davis at space.mit.edu (John E. Davis)
    Subject: Re: Comments on NOST 100-1.2
    Newsgroups: sci.astro.fits
    Date: 26 Jul 1998 05:44:16 GMT
    Lines: 10
    Message-ID: <slrn6rlghc.6bm.davis at aluche.mit.edu>
    References: <199807201439.KAA11962 at xebec>
        <35B3A0A6.46CC9854 at tetra.gsfc.nasa.gov>
        <slrn6rem0e.uho.davis at mygir.davis.net> 

The NRAO-Charlottesville news server and gateway is fully operational
again. The news feeds will be changed so that the server/gateway should
automatically recover from this type of failure in the future.

-Don [fitsbits listowner/moderator]
-- 
  Donald C. Wells         Associate Scientist         dwells at nrao.edu
		    http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~dwells
  National Radio Astronomy Observatory                +1-804-296-0277
  520 Edgemont Road,   Charlottesville, Virginia       22903-2475 USA