Subject: New description of VLBA FITS format

From: Chris Flatters <cflatter at nrao.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 10:51:46 -0600

A new document describing the FITS Interferometry Data Interchange
format is now available. This describes the format as it is read by
the 15OCT98 version of FITLD and will supercede VLBA Correlator Memo
No. 108.

It is currently in draft form and may still contain errors. If you
find any potential errors, please let me know by electronic mail at
cflatter at nrao.edu.

The document is available in both PostScript and PDF forms and can
be obtained through the web page at

http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/~cflatter/FITS-IDI.html

Alternatively, you can obtain the document by anonymous ftp from
ftp.aoc.nrao.edu. The two files are

/pub/staff/cflatter/FITS-IDI.ps         (about 400k)
/pub/staff/cflatter/FITS-IDI.pdf        (about 800k)

        Chris Flatters
        cflatter at nrao.edu

---

From: Peter Teuben <teuben at astro.umd.edu>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 19:52:15 -0400

> http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/~cflatter/FITS-IDI.html

would be great to have some sample data online. I in particular would
be curious to see how MIRIAD would handle these datasets. Any experience
yet with the AIPS++ fits reader?

thanks,

	peter