Subject: new port of fitsblink 2.11 for OS/2

From: dmunro at sfu.ca (Duncan Munro)
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 00:50:50 GMT

Archive Filename:  fblink2.zip , replaces fblink.zip

Short Description: OS/2 port of Fitsblink 2.11

I have ported Fitsblink 2.11 to Xfree86-OS/2. It is an Fits image
viewer and astrometry program. It can pattern-match a fits image with
theHubble GSC to determine the precise location of the image. It also
has an interface for Telescope and CCD camera control, but this is
untested.  fblink2.zip has a cleaned up archive and was built with
different compiler options than fblink.zip

I have uploaded fitsblink as fblink2.zip to hobbes.nmsu.edu. it is now
in the incoming directory and the proposed placement is:  

/pub/os2/apps/astro:

It also requires Xforms.88  from :

http://borneo.gmd.de/~veit/os2/xf86ported.html

and CFitsio142.zip from:

ftp://legacy.gsfc.nasa.gov/software/fitsio/c/

The above 2 files are required to compile fitsblink but the exe should
work fine with out them. If this is a problem for anyone I can
upload the compiled versions of these 2 files to hobbes as well.

thanks

Duncan Munro
dmunro at sfu.ca