Subject: ANNOUNCE: CFITSIO.pm v0.50

From: rpete at ascda3.harvard.edu (Pete Ratzlaff)
Date: 24 Nov 98 19:57:08 GMT

A new version of the Perl interface to the CFITSIO subroutine library
is now available. This version fixes a few small bugs and introduces
new ways of accessing the CFITSIO API, as well as a major namespace
changes. There are still some glitches on various architectures, but
the majority of the library seems to be working quite well.

New features:

 * Short function names are now available
 * New object-oriented API is available
 * Nothing exported into namespace by default, use of %EXPORT_TAGS
   to get the API and constants of your choice
 * Moderate documentation updates
 * Moderate example and test script changes

As usual, you can find the newest version of CFITSIO.pm at
   http://hea-www.harvard.edu/~rpete/cfitsio

For more information on the CFITSIO subroutine library, see
   http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/fitsio

-Pete Ratzlaff <pratzlaff at cfa.harvard.edu>