Subject: Re: units

From: Eric Greisen <egreisen at valen.cv.nrao.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 21:28:10 -0400 (EDT)

Francois Ochsenbein writes:

 > I just proofread the last version of table4 and there are just the
 > following typos:
 > => remove the dagger in front of u (unified atomic mass unit), and ph
 >    (difficult to envisage milli-photons...), and solMass (an error in
 >    my previous message, sorry...)

     I was visualizing Mega photons - but maybe that's just wishful
thinking outside the radio range.  Done

 > => could add the dagger in front of mag (the millimag is used, but I don't
 >    know other multiples in use)

     Done

 > => the 26 exponent in the solLum definition is missing {}

     Typos re exponents (several) were fixed today.

 > 
 > Let me know whenever the Paper II is ready, I'm eager to read it !

     So am I - I have seen bits of it and Mark is doing a wonderful
job.

 > 
 > Thank you again, and sorry if my questions on units generated so
 > many messages... but it helped to clarify the topic. I'm sure !

      They have caused a better standard to be proposed and one that
unites two groups I hope.  Your comments and repeated followups are
very much appreciated.

Thanks, Eric