Subject: New Fv 2.5 is now available

From: William Pence <pence at tetra.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 14:28:20 -0400

Fv 2.5 is Now Available
-----------------------

Version 2.5 of the fv viewer and editor for FITS format images and tables
and the associated POW image display and graphics tool is now available
from the HEASARC web site at:

           http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/ftools/fv

This major new release contains many new features and fixes all previously
reported problems.  Versions are available for most Unix platforms
(including a new port to LinuxPPC and MkLinux for Macintosh) and for
Windows 95/98/NT machines.

The documentation for fv has also been expanded to include:

    - an overview of all the major features of fv and POW:
      http://legacy.gsfc.nasa.gov/ftools/fv/fv_features.html

    - a pictorial preview of all the main fv and POW windows:
      http://legacy.gsfc.nasa.gov/ftools/fv/fv_screen.html

    - an illustrated on-line tutorial that walks you through the 
      main operations that can be performed with fv and POW:
      http://legacy.gsfc.nasa.gov/ftools/fv/tutorial/fv_guide.html

    - and, html versions of all the fv and POW help files:
      http://legacy.gsfc.nasa.gov/ftools/fv/fv_help.html

Please send any comments, bug reports, or suggestions to

           ftoolshelp at olegacy.gsfc.nasa.gov

The fv development team currently consists of:

    William Pence:  Project Scientist, author of CFITSIO
    Peter Wilson:   Tcl/Tk programmer, fv/POW programmer        
    Lawrence Brown: Tcl/Tk programmer, original author of POW

fv and fitsTcl were originally written by Jianjun Xu.
-------------------------------------------------------------------