Subject: ANNOUNCE: CFITSIO.pm v0.92

From: Pete Ratzlaff <rpete at ascda3.harvard.edu>
Date: 13 Sep 1999 23:45:08 -0500

Hello again,

A new version of the Perl interface to William Pence's CFITSIO
subroutine library is available. For more information on the CFITSIO
subroutine library, see http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/fitsio

New features in CFITSIO.pm v0.92 include:

* Bug fixes: none. There are no known bugs, so please send those bug
  reports in!

* Most functions which read data from FITS files were doing an extra
  malloc and memcpy when PerlyUnpacking(0) was used (e.g., reading
  into piddles). This has been fixed.

* Minor updates to example programs.

Since the launch of Chandra (hurray!), I've been giving the bintable
routines in this module a very strong workout, and I am more than
pleased with its performance. Other routines have not been tested
nearly as much - in particular primary array and ASCII table routines.

This Perl module uses functions found only in CFITSIO v2.031 and later,
so you will need at least that version for proper installation. It has
been tested with both v2.031 and v2.032 on Linux (ix86, glibc) and
Solaris 2.6.

This version of CFITSIO.pm can be obtained at:
  http://hea-www.harvard.edu/~rpete/cfitsio/CFITSIO-0.92.tar.gz

And also on your local CPAN mirror under:
  authors/id/P/PR/PRATZLAFF/CFITSIO-0.92.tar.gz

As always, you can find the latest version of CFITSIO.pm at
  http://hea-www.harvard.edu/~rpete/cfitsio

-Pete Ratzlaff <pratzlaff at cfa.harvard.edu>