Subject: RESULT: sci.astro.amateur passes 435:29

From: [email-masked] (Ron "Asbestos" Dippold)
Date: 7 Sep 1994 16:15:45 -0400

RESULT
	  unmoderated group sci.astro.amateur passes 435:29

There were 435 YES votes and 29 NO votes, for a total of 464 valid votes. 
There were 2 abstains and 3 invalid ballots.

For group passage, YES votes must be at least 2/3 of all valid (YES and NO)
votes.   There also must be at least 100 more YES votes than NO votes. 

There is a five day discussion period after these results are posted.  If no
serious allegations of voting irregularities are raised, the moderator of
news.announce.newgroups will create the group shortly thereafter.

Newsgroups line:
sci.astro.amateur       Amateur astronomy equipment, techniques, info, etc.

Votes must be received by 23:59:59 UTC, 3 September 1994.

This vote is being conducted by a neutral third party.  For voting
questions only contact [email-masked].  For questions about the
proposed group contact Ken Kirksey <[email-masked]>

CHARTER

sci.astro.amateur is a forum dedicated to the discussion of topics relating
to the hobby of amateur astronomy. The volume of traffic on sci.astro has recently grown to the point where many participants believe that a new group
dedicated to the discussion of amateur astronomy would be beneficial. Additionally, many readers of sci.astro have expressed frustration at having
to wade through the more technical posts on the sciences of astronomy and
cosmology to get to the ones dealing with amateur astronomy.  The creation
of sci.astro.amateur should solve both of these problems.

Topics appropriate for sci.astro.amateur include, but are not limited to:

        Observing
            Using the naked eye, binoculars, or telescopes
            The Moon, Planets, Stars, The Sun, Comets, Deep Sky Objects,
                 Constellations, et. al.
           
        Equipment
           Choosing Telescopes/Binoculars
           Choosing Accessories (Finders, Drives, Eyepieces, Filters,
               Observatories, etc.)
        
        Astrophotography
           Traditional
           CCD
           Image Processing
        
        Astronomy Software
           Planetarium Programs
           Deep Sky Programs
           Observatory Programs
           Educational Programs
           
        Tips & Techniques for Amateur Astronomers
        
        Books on the topics listed above.        

sci.astro.amateur Final Vote Ack

Voted Yes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]                             Horine, MSgt Greg L.
[email-masked]                                       chris steyaert
[email-masked]                                  James H. Lyons, Jr.
[email-masked]                                      Kruijshoop, Alfred
[email-masked]                                            michael boschat
[email-masked]                                            Alasdair Allan
[email-masked]                                                
[email-masked]                                            Alan L. Bostick
[email-masked]                                                    Larry Scherr
[email-masked]                                            Amanda Baker
[email-masked]                                                          
[email-masked]                                       F. P. Adams, Jr.
[email-masked]                                   Adele M. McMackin
[email-masked]                                          Nigel Allen
[email-masked]                                        Paul Boltwood
[email-masked]                         John E Burton, Jr - Extension
[email-masked]                                       Colin R. Leech
[email-masked]                                      William Demmery
[email-masked]                                       Alexander Granholm IS
[email-masked]                                              Alejo Hausner
[email-masked]                                 Christopher E Spratt
[email-masked]                              I AM NOT AN ANIMAL
[email-masked]                                              Allen French
[email-masked]                                         Allen Copsey
[email-masked]                                           Andrew Newsam
[email-masked]                                               Mike Boschat
[email-masked]                                          Arno G. Weiss
[email-masked]                                             Andree Popp
[email-masked]                                                           
[email-masked]                                              ANDY RORABECK
[email-masked]                                               steven ashe
[email-masked]                                       SAR Moderator
[email-masked]                                               Antti Kyll|nen
[email-masked]                                          Al Smith 422-9739
[email-masked]                                                    Jim Ault
[email-masked]                                         Brian Stokoe
[email-masked]                                        Arthur J. Wolferd
[email-masked]                                                      
[email-masked]                                     Dominique Beauchamp
[email-masked]                                                Ben Burch
[email-masked]                                                          
[email-masked]                                                   
[email-masked]                                           Dan Birchall
[email-masked]                                                 
[email-masked]                                                           
[email-masked]                                             Bob Unitt
[email-masked]                                                Bradley P. Allen
[email-masked]                              Bratislav Curcic
[email-masked]                                                   Brian Grant
[email-masked]                                              Brian Schuth
[email-masked]                                         Robert Richter
[email-masked]                                      Bruce Cloutier
[email-masked]                                       Bob Slawson
[email-masked]                                            Dana A. Bunner
[email-masked]                                 Edward A Gedeon
[email-masked]                                       Jacob M Callcut
[email-masked]                                            Eric C. Carlson
[email-masked]                                                Cobus Rabe
[email-masked]                               CARLOS BENAVIDES
[email-masked]                                          Chris Carmichael
[email-masked]                                     John Winegar
[email-masked]                                             Chris Ison
[email-masked]                                        Chris Marriott
[email-masked]                                       Chris Schmoyer
[email-masked]                                                   Cedomir Igaly
[email-masked]                                                Charles Clark
[email-masked]                                          Thomas Clarke
[email-masked]                                          Sean Cleary
[email-masked]                                                            
[email-masked]                                                         
[email-masked]                                  Michael J Conboy
[email-masked]                                               Mike Umbricht
[email-masked]                                                 Colin Bell
[email-masked]                                                       
[email-masked]                               Carl Strohmenger (HSC)
[email-masked]                                                   Peter Campbell
[email-masked]                                           David Adams
[email-masked]                                                David Adler
[email-masked]                                             Joe Daigle
[email-masked]                                               Dave CAswell
[email-masked]                                                     David Fox
[email-masked]                                                    David Harrison
[email-masked]                                                 Dave Michelson
[email-masked]                                       David Edwards
[email-masked]                                 David L. Erhart
[email-masked]                                          Davin C. Flateau
[email-masked]                                             David Brown
[email-masked]                                            Daniel Devost
[email-masked]                                                      Don Gates
[email-masked]                                                   Donald H. Locker
[email-masked]                                               Humphrey, Dave
[email-masked]                                       Paul Dickson
[email-masked]                                                David Moore
[email-masked]                                                              
[email-masked]                                                      
[email-masked]                                               Derek McKay
[email-masked]                                                     Dan Murphy
[email-masked]                              Dominique MERA
[email-masked]                                                            
[email-masked]                                      Daniel P. B. Smith
[email-masked]                                          Jean-Remi Duquet
[email-masked]                                                 Yvan Dutil
[email-masked]                                        David Washburn
[email-masked]                                         D W Creech
[email-masked]                                              Don Wells
[email-masked]                                            David Aston
[email-masked]                                                        Ed Adams
[email-masked]                                                  ian (i.) easson
[email-masked]                                           Eric W Burger
[email-masked]                                                     Ed Corbett
[email-masked]                                     Javier Bustamante Donas
[email-masked]                                                  Elliott Fein
[email-masked]                                                    
[email-masked]                                           Edward Walsh
[email-masked]                              Edward Locke
[email-masked]                                                               
[email-masked]                                                    Rick Ellis
[email-masked]                                                      Ed Taychert
[email-masked]                                    EMONTES.US.ORACLE.COM
[email-masked]                                                Eoin Byrne
[email-masked]                                         Eric Schulman
[email-masked]                                            Eric Kopit
[email-masked]                                               Albrecht_Ernst
[email-masked]                                    ELIZABETH SCHULZ
[email-masked]                                    Eric S Johansson
[email-masked]                                         Ethan Bradford
[email-masked]                                      Eric Tittley
[email-masked]                                             Emery Lapinski
[email-masked]                                                 
[email-masked]                                                Larry Fluckiger
[email-masked]                                                 
[email-masked]                                             
[email-masked]                                           Frederic Bonacossa
[email-masked]                                                  Fred Condo
[email-masked]                                Frederic Falzon
[email-masked]                                          Ralf Fritzsch
[email-masked]                                                    Frank Willett
[email-masked]                                              Andrew Warner
[email-masked]                                                    Greg Granville
[email-masked]                                                     Bill Gawne
[email-masked]                                                Greg Herlein
[email-masked]                                     Gilles Dignard
[email-masked]                                    Jeff Gebhart [250-5147]
[email-masked]                                                 gene magnier
[email-masked]                                       EuGene epetai-Tramaglino
[email-masked]                                      Geoff Dudley
[email-masked]                                          Gary Freiburger
[email-masked]                                 Allen Gilchrist
[email-masked]                                           Gilles Gagnon
[email-masked]                                               Greg Kovach
[email-masked]                                                         garym
[email-masked]                                   Jerry Teddy Godbout
[email-masked]                                           Vince Grassi
[email-masked]                                                Gregg Tennefoss
[email-masked]                                                              
[email-masked]                                   Pete 'Happy' Thomas
[email-masked]                                  Brandon Craig Rhodes
[email-masked]                                         Harald Backert
[email-masked]                                             Holger Kruse
[email-masked]                                  Geoff O'Callaghan
[email-masked]                                                      
[email-masked]                                                        
[email-masked]                                       Tully Hammill
[email-masked]                                                   Jayme Hanzak
[email-masked]                                           Harold Williams
[email-masked]                                   John Harper
[email-masked]                                                Hayes Harper
[email-masked]                                                     uucp 
[email-masked]                                       Heinz Gerd Klein
[email-masked]                                   Ho-Hsin Lee
[email-masked]                                                   John Himmen
[email-masked]                                                          
[email-masked]                                            Herman Miller
[email-masked]                                                     Phil Hodge
[email-masked]                                                            
[email-masked]                                       Hubert Atkinson
[email-masked]                                            Hugh Secker-Walker
[email-masked]                                                    Chris Hushak
[email-masked]                                         Iain Dunn
[email-masked]                                           Ian Barratt
[email-masked]                               Ioannis Kotsanis'
[email-masked]                                    Douglas A. Richards
[email-masked]                                               CyberPez
[email-masked]                                          Jonathan Sharp
[email-masked]                                                                
[email-masked]                                            Jack Davis
[email-masked]                                                 Mark James
[email-masked]                             James Alexander Chokey
[email-masked]                                                               
[email-masked]                                          Joe A. Dellinger
[email-masked]                                         Jeff Guerber
[email-masked]                                            John-Erik Hove
[email-masked]                                                     
[email-masked]                                          Joseph_Fortt
[email-masked]                                         John T. Furlong
[email-masked]                                            Joan E Krochko
[email-masked]                                             Jerry McCollom
[email-masked]                                               Jose M. daLuz
[email-masked]                                       John Shepherd
[email-masked]                                              John Ridley
[email-masked]                                                              
[email-masked]                                      John Carlos H3-296
[email-masked]                                            John Gallant
[email-masked]                                              Johnnie Cox
[email-masked]                                                     
[email-masked]                                          John Ohrt
[email-masked]                                 Jonathan Gardner
[email-masked]                                        James Lloyd
[email-masked]                                      John Phillip Sharpe
[email-masked]                                              John R. Olvera
[email-masked]                                                    
[email-masked]                                         Jerzy Tarasiuk
[email-masked]                                             Judy Broom
[email-masked]                                                Joseph Urban
[email-masked]                                                             jwd
[email-masked]                                               
[email-masked]                                            Kai Getrost
[email-masked]                                                     
[email-masked]                                               Kay Hamacher
[email-masked]                Keith Corban - Hydrocarbons R&D - (504)353-1681
[email-masked]                                                            
[email-masked]                                                Ken Easton
[email-masked]                                   Kensuke Nakajima
[email-masked]                                              
[email-masked]                                        Ken Wharton
[email-masked]                                         Kurt Hillig
[email-masked]                                              Kiyoshi Kikkawa
[email-masked]                                         Henry King
[email-masked]                                                       Kirk Bender
[email-masked]                                             Ken Kirksey
[email-masked]                                             Kai M. Becker
[email-masked]            K. MICHEAL MALOLEPSZY CV OPERATIONS 7-6502
[email-masked]                                             Richard M. Koolish
[email-masked]                                                  John O. Kopf
[email-masked]                                                     
[email-masked]                                          Kevin G Serafini
[email-masked]                                              Kevin Street
[email-masked]                                        Martin Schroeder
[email-masked]                                         Lachlan Cranswick
[email-masked]                                   Amateur Radio N5UYH
[email-masked]                                        Paula Lambertz
[email-masked]                                   Greg Laughland
[email-masked]                                             Lee Pratt
[email-masked]                                                     Jon Leech
[email-masked]                                                      John Leroy
[email-masked]                                                     Joel B Levin
[email-masked]                                      Michael Lap-Gate Wong
[email-masked]                                                            
[email-masked]                                    Lloyd Johnston
[email-masked]                                                 Larry J. Plato
[email-masked]                                                Phil Lockett
[email-masked]                                                     Bob
[email-masked]                                            Lou Sanchez-Chopitea
[email-masked]                                               Linn Stanton
[email-masked]                                                Lukash, Jim
[email-masked]                                              ALBERT KONG
[email-masked]                                                           
[email-masked]                                                   Bob Madden
[email-masked]                     Miguel Angel Esquerdo
[email-masked]                                                 David Mar
[email-masked]                                                  
[email-masked]                                                 Max White
[email-masked]                                          Malcolm Mladenovic
[email-masked]                                     Bob McHugh
[email-masked]                                               Mike Mueller
[email-masked]                                            matt craig
[email-masked]                                 Mike Dillon
[email-masked]                                        Brian Straight
[email-masked]                                                Mike Dunn
[email-masked]                                                Merlin
[email-masked]                                       Mauricio F Contreras
[email-masked]                                             Mark Firoozfar
[email-masked]                                                Michiel van Loon
[email-masked]                                          Mike Wegner
[email-masked]                                                       Mark Hale
[email-masked]                                            Mikael G. Niklasson
[email-masked]                                  Michael Patra
[email-masked]                                              Mike McCants
[email-masked]                                          Michael Gutzwiller
[email-masked]                                            Mike - James
[email-masked]                                         Martin Hardcastle
[email-masked]                                       Michael Luloh
[email-masked]                                     James Moehrke
[email-masked]                                        Molhant Norman
[email-masked]                                                Peter Monta
[email-masked]                                       Monty Rex May
[email-masked]                                                  Morgan Harman
[email-masked]                                            Mark Rossow
[email-masked]                                                 mr_sci
muffy!dan%maccs.UUCP                                             Dan McCrackin
[email-masked]                                               Michael Rolfe
[email-masked]                                        Marc A. Murison
[email-masked]                                                 Bob McGwier
[email-masked]                                         Louis H. Howell
[email-masked]                                                  Neil Thompson
[email-masked]                                          Mike Newberry
[email-masked]                                     W. Shawn Niblack
[email-masked]                                Gerhard Niklasch
[email-masked]                                     Nils Nieuwejaar
[email-masked]                                 Nancy J Graziano
[email-masked]                                    Nathalie Martimbeau
[email-masked]                          Nancy Rabel Hall (KC4IYD)
[email-masked]                                                    Neil Davis
[email-masked]                                         Anton Norup Soerensen
[email-masked]                                             Nial Tanvir
[email-masked]                                            Rob O'Toole
[email-masked]                                                  M. Otto
[email-masked]                                             Bill Owens
[email-masked]                                                   phil reed
[email-masked]                                   Christian Naundorf
[email-masked]                                                           
[email-masked]                                              Paul Palmer
[email-masked]                                            Paul Scott
[email-masked]                                                   Paul Schlyter
[email-masked]                                                          
[email-masked]                             Per Gradua Ad Astra
[email-masked]                                                          
[email-masked]                                            Peter Dance
[email-masked]                                 Peter Oberc, Slovenia
[email-masked]                                                 Alan Pevec
[email-masked]                                                  
[email-masked]                                            Pamela Gay
[email-masked]                                    Hartmut Frommert
[email-masked]                                                   Phil Marks
[email-masked]                               James T G Preddey
[email-masked]                                          Dr.U.Pilz
[email-masked]                                                  Phil Jones
[email-masked]                                           Craig McCurdy
[email-masked]                                                     P.T. Turner
[email-masked]                               Plabo el grande
[email-masked]                                                          
[email-masked]                                         Fred Quarnstrom
[email-masked]                                   Michael J. Quinn
[email-masked]                                                     Robert Beer
[email-masked]                                            Ralf W. Stephan
[email-masked]                           Randall, Thomas P.
[email-masked]                                             robert (r.b.) moore
[email-masked]                                                Roger Curry
[email-masked]                                                        
[email-masked]                                                Roman Symank
[email-masked]                                                     Richard Hook
[email-masked]                                                     
[email-masked]                                                    Robert Clark
[email-masked]                                         Ron McCoy
[email-masked]                                                 
[email-masked]                                         
[email-masked]                                                       Roger Hein
[email-masked]                                                 Ronnie B. Kon
[email-masked]                                       Rose Reynolds x3435
[email-masked]                                     Richard Patton
[email-masked]                                                Ron Richolson
[email-masked]                                                          Rui Sousa
[email-masked]                                       Jeffrey Rufinus
[email-masked]                                          Brian Rush
[email-masked]                                           Russell R. Waugh
[email-masked]                                             LAU KAI IP
[email-masked]                          John Abraham Cleverdon
[email-masked]                                       Saravana Soundararajan
[email-masked]                                                 Brenda Kalt
[email-masked]    Joseph M. Scamardella  at RatHouse Internatio
[email-masked]                                      Dr. Michael Schnaubelt
[email-masked]                                         Roman Schreiber
[email-masked]                                            Joseph Scuderi
[email-masked]                                             Charles Buckley
[email-masked]                                  Bernhard Seefeld
[email-masked]                                          Paul B. Shaw
[email-masked]                                                            
[email-masked]                                             David Simmons
[email-masked]                                                          
[email-masked]                                                       Kerry Sipe
[email-masked]                                  Simon Bradshaw
[email-masked]                                    Steven L. Whiteside
[email-masked]                                                      
[email-masked]                                                                  
[email-masked]                                            Steve Jacobson
[email-masked]                                                     Stan Dyck
[email-masked]                                                               
[email-masked]                                               Andre Knoefel
[email-masked]                                        Steinn Sigurdsson
[email-masked]                                         Stephen Hardy
[email-masked]                                        Steve D White
[email-masked]                                             Caroline Strong
[email-masked]                                     Sam Wormley
[email-masked]                                        Patrik Jonsson
[email-masked]                                                          
[email-masked]                                            Terry O'Neill
[email-masked]                                                Tom Goodale
[email-masked]                                     Thomas R. Hartsaw
[email-masked]                                       Olivier Thizy
[email-masked]                                                   Tom Heyward
[email-masked]                                         Tron Hvaring
[email-masked]                                            Tim Gieseler
[email-masked]                                                Tim Esau
[email-masked]                                        Tim Baker
[email-masked]                               Theodore J. Bittner
[email-masked]                                thomas j spirock ee stnt
[email-masked]                                             Tim Thompson
[email-masked]                                             Truman Kohman
[email-masked]                                           Anthony Meadow
[email-masked]                                              Tad Morgan
[email-masked]                                P Chewning Toulmin
[email-masked]                                            Trina Ray
[email-masked]                                                Tony Servies
[email-masked]                                               Troy Stoneking
[email-masked]                           Thomas Pressburger
[email-masked]                                                 Timothy Wachs
[email-masked]                                                             
[email-masked]                                             Patrick Lee
[email-masked]                                  Benjamin De Lisle
[email-masked]                           Vasilios Christofilos
[email-masked]                                         Johan.VanderLooy
[email-masked]                                                  Ray Johnston
[email-masked]                                           Visiteur
[email-masked]                                                Jim Cooper
[email-masked]                                                 Robert Casey
[email-masked]                                                           
[email-masked]                                                    Walt Manaker
[email-masked]                                 david weinrich
[email-masked]                             Douglas L. Welch
[email-masked]                                    Bernhard Georg Rems
[email-masked]                                   Burkhard Wiche
[email-masked]                                                      Walt Swift
[email-masked]                                               Michele Worley
[email-masked]                          MSgt William G Pennell
[email-masked]                                 Craig Wyllie
[email-masked]                                               Schwebel
[email-masked]                     Dave Shariff Yadallee
[email-masked]                                                Yoshiro Yamada
[email-masked]                                       Alexander Yascovich
[email-masked]                                            Philip Young
[email-masked]                                                      zcapk43
[email-masked]                                          Michael Zecca
[email-masked]                                            Zsolt Bagoly
[email-masked]                                         Dennis Ward
[email-masked]                                            Rami Zureick

Voted No
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]                                                            
[email-masked]                                   Bill Dillon
[email-masked]                                    William E. O'Shaughnessy
[email-masked]                                                    Bill Yeakel
[email-masked]                                      David W. Bishop
[email-masked]                                               Chris Pugh
[email-masked]                                  Christopher Grant
[email-masked]                                              
[email-masked]                                               Christopher Ward
[email-masked]                                                 Jost Jahn
[email-masked]                                             jay d skinner
[email-masked]                                                John Lacey
[email-masked]                                                          
[email-masked]                                     John R. MacWilliamson
[email-masked]                                                   Jim Van Nuland
[email-masked]                                              Kari E. Hurtta
[email-masked]                                                    khan
[email-masked]                                                   Michael Grubb
[email-masked]                                                 Mark Nowell
[email-masked]                                             
[email-masked]                                       Paul Repacholi
[email-masked]                                             Richard H. Miller
[email-masked]                                                    Sassan Simai
[email-masked]                                         Smarasderagd
[email-masked]                                                  Dwight Brown
[email-masked]                                          Timothy Banks
[email-masked]                                     Alexander Welz
[email-masked]                                                    Jesse Furqueron
[email-masked]                                     William Koperwhats

Abstained
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]                                          Maxime Taksar KC6ZPS
[email-masked]                                             muto-nozomu

Votes in error
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]                                      Mr. G.J. Gilligan
   ! Conflicting votes
[email-masked]                                                  Dan Reynolds
   ! Conflicting votes
[email-masked]                                            Steve Krause
   ! Conflicting votes