Subject: Re: Where to get VSOP82 terms?

From: "Jay R. Hill" <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Oct 1995 17:05:26 -0500

[email-masked] wrote:
>I am looking for some similar information.  One thing you 
>probably already know is that Meeus says that he includes only 
>the more significant terms in the VSOP87.  I currious as to the 
>full extent of VSOP87 and how it was derived.  I assume that it 
>is based on a curve fit of integrated data, but I'm not sure.  
>I would also like to know what level of computation is required 
>for a 'numerical integration.'  Somehow I think that today's 
>Pentiums could crank out some good data in a reasonable amount 
>of time, but I could be wrong.
>

If you want to keep your Pentium busy, get the excellent program
DE118. It is the last word (except for DE200) in numerical 
integration. I got it at a mirror site:

http://www.acs.oakland.edu/oak/SimTel/msdos/astrnomy.html

de118i.zip (Image) 93/03/20, 185587 bytes 
    N-body numerical integration of moon & planets 

Jay
--

---

From: "Jay R. Hill" <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Oct 1995 17:05:26 -0500

Jay
--