Subject: Neat Windows Spectra viewer for JCAMP files

From: [email-masked] (William Dawes)
Date: 12 Feb 1995 20:14:41 GMT

Thanks to Sandro' Magri, U. of Genoa --
I've been looking for information on spectral data formats, for
a project to put a few million color spectra on a CD-ROM. A
format called JCAMP was recommended. Further surfing found a
scaleable Windows viewer for spectra that allows scaling, data
clipping, and other tricks. Sample data files of IR, UV, and MS
are included with the software in the home page. Dr. Lancashire, the author, said:
	"I make available a viewer for WINDOWS, so pull down a copy
	and pull down a data file and see how you go. The worst
	looking data files are those encoded by our PE FT-IR. The
	NMR files given are much simpler to convert."

	Dr. Robert Lancashire
	[email-masked]
	Department of Chemistry
	University of the West Indies, JAMAICA

The Chem Dept, U of West Indes, Jamaica home page is:
	http://wwwchem.uwimona.edu.jm:1104/index.html
The JCAMP-DX viewer program is available from:
     http://wwwchem.uwimona.edu.jm:1104/software/jcampdx.html
A dozen or so IR, MS, NMR spectra (MS, IR, NMR) in JCAMP format
will be found at:
     http://wwwchem.uwimona.edu.jm:1104/spectra/index.html

Try it -- I predict you'll like it!

Bill