Subject: Re: HDF, netCDF

From: [email-masked] (HRodstein)
Date: 18 Feb 1996 23:48:40 -0500

> Are there any "functional" numerical packages (e.g. MatLab,
> Mathematica, SAS, SYSTAT, or even Excel) that can directly import either
> netCDF or HDF (and understand their headers) into their environment?

Igor Pro 3.0 (which my company makes) can import HDF files.
You can get information on it from www.wavemetrics.com.
It is a Mac-only graphing, data anlaysis and automation program.

Spyglass Transform from Fortner Research can also import HDF.

I don't know about the other programs you mention.

Howard Rodstein
WaveMetrics

---

From: [email-masked] (Ray Osborn)
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 11:21:41 -0600

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Mark M

>netCDF or HDF (and understand their headers) into their environment?
I'm away from my office at the moment so don't have access to a reliable
list.  However, I know that IDL and AVS have HDF and netCDF input
procedures.  In the case of IDL, they are in the process of being updated
for HDF 4.0, though I don't know the current status.  You could check the
HDF and netCDF web page at
<http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu:8001/> and
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu:80/packages/netcdf/> respectively, for other
information.

-- 
Ray Osborn                       E-mail: [email-masked]  
Materials Science Division       Tel: (708) 252-9011
Argonne National Laboratory      Fax: (708) 252-7777
Argonne, IL 60439-4845