Subject: Summary: Books about data formats for spreadsheets etc.

From: [email-masked] (Dreyer Werner)
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 08:01:00 GMT

I posted the following request:

>We are looking for books that describe common data formats, like SYLK or WKS
>for spreadsheets or formats of well-known statistics packages like SAS,
>RATS, etc.

There weren't too many answers, but the majority of them suggested the
books by Guenter Born, appearing at Addison-Wesley. German titles are
"Referenzhandbuch Dateiformate", "Dateiformate Programmierhandbuch", "Noch
mehr Dateiformate". An English title seems to be "The File Formats
Handbook.

Thanks for everybody who answered.

--- Werner Dreyer

----------------------------------------------------------
Werner Dreyer
Union Bank of Switzerland
Information Technology Laboratory
Bahnhofstr. 45
CH-8021 Zuerich
Switzerland

Phone:        +41-1-234 32 06
Fax.:           +41-1-236 46 71
e-mail:       [email-masked]
www:          http://www.ubs.com/ubilab