Subject: Re: Help with data formats

From: "David P.C. Wollmann" <[email-masked]>
Date: 3 Jan 97 18:42:44 GMT

Visit the Dr. Dobb's web site and have a look at their "File Formats"
CD-ROM. I don't recall the URL, but a Yahoo! or other search will find it
for you. This CD contains the full text of 6 books on all sorts of file
formats.

If you want official format specs, _some_ ISVs will sell you the
information in the form of a manual, but most word processor formats, and
almost all Microsoft formats (except RTF, whichever flavor is popular at
the time) are considered proprietary and are hard to get.

-- 
Dave P.C. Wollmann
DST
[email-masked]

>    Bruce Pagram <[email-masked]> wrote:
> :Hi
> :
> :For my final year project I need some information on the popular data 
> :formats around today.  I am thinking of Word V6, Excel V5, WordPro, 
> :1-2-3, WordPerfect and Quattro Pro in particular.
> :
> :Thanks in advance.
> :
> :Bruce Pagram
> :[email-masked]