Subject: Announcing Ncview version 1.65 -- netCDF file viewer

From: [email-masked] (David Pierce)
Date: 16 Jan 1997 22:24:51 GMT

I've released a new version of Ncview, the X-windows utility that lets you
quickly and easily see color contour images, movies, and plots of the
contents of netCDF-format files just by pointing and clicking.  This is a
fairly substantial change from the last version, and I suggest that all users
upgrade to the new version.  If you're not a user, but you have data in
netCDF format, I suggest you give Ncview a try!  It is extremely handy for
getting an overview of what is in your file.

You can get source code for many Unix platforms from:
-----------------------------------------------------

http://meteora.ucsd.edu/~pierce/ncview_home_page.html

Or, by ftp:

ftp://cirrus.ucsd.edu/pub/ncview

(I also have a separate version for the Cray that I haven't merged into
the main distribution yet -- email me if interested, [email-masked])

New features:
-------------
* Now have a option to dump Postscript to a printer or a file.

* Improved "range" feature lets you share mins and/or maxes between
  different concurrent invocations of Ncview.

* Numerous bug fixes, including some serious ones.

* More customizable (assuming you know how to do X application defaults
  files!).

* Better support for Solaris.

---------------------------------------------------------------
David W. Pierce
Scripps Institution of Oceanography / Climate Research Division
[email-masked]                    / (619) 534-8276
---------------------------------------------------------------