Subject: Announcing 3 Data Extraction and Conversion Tools

From: Mike Hoskins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 17:18:44 -0600

ANNOUNCING             

        3  Data  Extraction  and  Conversion  Tools

1.      Data Junction v5.11 for Windows  -  $299

Data Junction is a universal data conversion tool.  Built with a 
graphical interface, users can convert nearly any structured, field 
and record-oriented file format, including PC Databases, SQL DBMS, 
Spreadsheets, Flat Files, ASCII, Binary/EBCDIC, ISAMs, Text and 
Reports (see Cambio and DJXL below), Verticals (Acct, Contact Mgrs, 
Mailing/Printing, ...) Legacy Cobol, Math/Stats, Mailmerge, 
TextBases, and many others.  

DJWin displays both Source and Target structures, and employs drag-
and-drop to visually map the Source data to the Target.  More than 60 
built-in functions are provided to filter and edit the data contents 
during the conversion.  Visual data parsers are available to assist 
in defining the most difficult file types.  Before and after Source 
and Target viewers allow easy testing and debugging.  Full error 
logging is supported.  All specifications can be set up and run 
interactively, or stored for subsequent automated use.  Perfect for 
legacy data migration, application data exchange, data warehouse and 
year 2000 projects

Sample formats include ASCII (delimited, fixed, SDF, Mac, Unix, 
reports), Access, Btrieve, Oracle, SQL Server, C-ISAM, c-tree, 
DataEase, DataFlex, dBASE, Excel, FoxPro, IDAPI, Informix, 123, Lotus 
Notes, Paradox, R:BASE, SQLBase, Sybase, ODBC, DB2, Binary/EBCDIC, 
Legacy Cobol (including 01 copybook), Mailmerge (Word and 
WordPerfect), HTML, RTF, Folio, On-Line Databases (DIALOG, McGraw-
Hill, Dodge, Reuters, Dow Jones, Lexis/Nexis, WestLaw..), SPSS, SAS, 
S-Plus, USMARC, Micro Focus and many more..

2.      Cambio v5.11 for Windows  -  $199

Cambio is a visual text-mining tool used to extract useful databases 
>from raw text and report files.  Cambio can tackle text data arriving 
as printfiles, captured reports, downloads, tagged ASCII, labels, 
multi-line records, newsfeeds, email msgs, OCR output and much more.  
Cambio displays the original line-oriented text file in a graphical 
data window for direct manipulation.  Using the mouse to mark up the 
source data, useful fields and records can be extracted and assembled 
into a database view for easy export to popular formats like dBASE, 
Excel, Lotus 123 and Delimited ASCII.  

Pop-up dialogs allow for pattern-based linestyle recognition, and 
floating or fixed data field definition.  Browsing and debugging 
functions assist in the job of refining extraction rules.  Visual 
clues are displayed throughout the text file, and results can be 
tested instantly.  Session parameters can be executed dynamically or 
stored for future use.  Command line automation and error logging are 
both available.  Produces DJXL scripts (see elsewhere) for easy 
deployment of runtime solutions.  Can be integrated as a front-end to 
Data Junction to exploit a richer set of manipulations and 
conversions to any of the thousands of formats supported by DJWin .

3.      DJXL v5.1  -  Data Junction Extraction Language  -  $199

DJXL is an awk-like, line-oriented programming language. It is used 
to extract structured databases from any raw text file - ASCII or 
EBCDIC - regardless of dimensions or complexity.  DJXL scripts scan 
incoming text lines, and mine useful fields of data.  DJXL then 
assembles those fields into a flat record of data which it "Accepts", 
and passes on to a subsequent process (eg. Data Junction or Cambio).  

DJXL provides a wide variety of pattern recognition, computing, data-
manipulation and formatting functions so that data can be massaged 
while it is being "flattened".  Scripts can be used as Source Code, 
or packed and encoded for distribution.  Samples are provided.  
Developers are free to exploit DJXL scripts for corporate and 
commercial use.  DJCorp intends to distribute Custom Packs of DJXL 
scripts for popular data sources (eg. Dodge Reports, EDI, Dow Jones, 
Reuters, Email, HTML, Xerox Printstreams, DIALOG and others...).  
Requires Data Junction or Cambio for downstream processing.

Check out our Web Site at    http://www.datajunction.com 
 (and read about upcoming 32-bit products for NT and Unix)

Data Junction Corporation                 Date:    February 1997 
(formerly Tools & Techniques, Inc.)       Contact: Mike Hoskins
2201 Northland Drive                      Email:   [email-masked]
Austin  TX,  78756                        Sales:   800-580-4411
Tel: 512-459-1308 / Fax: 512-459-1309     WWW:     www.datajunction.com