Subject: nco-1.1 netCDF operators is released.

From: Charlie Zender <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 1997 23:34:07 -0600

I am pleased to announce the release of version 1.1 of NCO, which
stands for `netCDF operators'.

NCO consists of ten command line operators for netCDF files:

ncks ncrename ncra ncea ncrcat ncdiff ncwa ncecat ncflint ncatted

These operators work on generic netCDF files and perform rote tasks like 
renaming, concatentation, hyperslabbing, averaging, interpolation, and
differencing. The documentation is extensive, and available in many
formats, both on-line and printed.

Major new features of version 1.1 are
** New operator ncatted--netCDF Attribute Editor
** Windows NT supported
** Improved documentation

The source code is freely available via anonymous ftp:

ftp.cgd.ucar.edu:pub/zender/nc/nco-1.1.tar.gz

The documentation is now on-line:

http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/cms/nco/nco.html

Good luck,
Charlie
-- 
Charlie Zender        Voice, FAX: (303) 497-1612, 497-1324 
NCAR ASP & CGD        E-mail: [email-masked]
P.O. Box 3000         URL: http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/cms/zender
Boulder CO 80307-3000 PGP: finger -l [email-masked]