Subject: Re: Image Types

From: [email-masked] (Steven D. Majewski)
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1992 23:20:21 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Ramakrishna Chada) writes:
>Does anyone have any article describing the different image types that are
>in use. Please post it if you do.
>

There is a directory FULL of image file format documents and pointers to
references on image file formats on ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu: somewhere in the
/misc directory. It has a pretty obvious name - something like image_formats.

Info on TIFF,GIFF,HDF,netCDF,FITS,PICT,RLE,various ray tracer formats, ... 
probably more formats than you want to know about. 

See also the documentation for the 'pbm' and 'fbm' packages. 

They (NCSA) also have started a audio file format directory.

Thanks, Guys! *Somebody* had to do it! 

======== "If you have a hammer, find a nail" - George Bush,'91  =========
 Steven D. Majewski		University of Virginia Physiology Dept.
 [email-masked]		Box 449 Health Sciences Center
 Voice: (804)-982-0831/32	1300 Jefferson Park Avenue
 FAX:   (804)-982-1616		Charlottesville, VA 22908