Subject: Re: official IEEE test images

From: [email-masked] (Jimmy Ning)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1993 18:20:44 GMT

Site: nic.funet.fi
Directory: /pub/graphics/misc/test-images

Note: Most of the images are often used as test images for image
      processing, but I don't know if they are official IEEE test
      images though.  They are all gray-scale images in SUN raster
      format.

Site: eedsp.gatech.edu
Directory: database/images

Note: They are experiencing hardware problems right now.  The
      image database is currently off line.

Site: ftp.ipl.rpi.edu
Directory: /pub/image/still/*

Note: They have both gray-scale and colour images in various
      formats (eg. SUN raster, GEM .img, etc.).

Site: wuarchive.wustl.edu
Directory /multimedia/images

I am aware that there are a lot more ftp sites with images but I am
mainly looking for images that are best to be used as test images for
image enhancement techniques (gray-scale, non-GIF, non-JPEG, etc).

*** Please reply by email if you have more info.  ***

I am planning to develop some images in the next few days.  I'll
post when I'm finish.

Thank you all who have replied.

- Jimmy